AlfaBeta
Silver
Silver

Moving ABS pump and pressure bleeder.

Post by AlfaBeta »

Hi gang,

I actually have two questions regarding brakes:

1) Has anyone ever tried to move the ABS pump to a different location in the enginebay? I want to eventually make room for one of Greg's superchargers and I think the ABS pump would need to be moved. it seems like it shouldn't be too hard, two flex lines and one hard line to the unit. I can probably just lengthen these somewhat and mount it a little further up or back on the driver side.

2) My second question regards pressure bleeding. When I repolaced the front brakes last year for some reason my pressure bleeder wasn't pumping any fluid out when hooked up to the reservoir. I just pumped the brakes after but I think the pressure bleeder is easier. Any thoughts? What pressure has been used successfully before?

thanks
AlfeBeta
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

Not sure a pressure bleeder attached to the reservoir can presurize the system through the ABS gizmo, so to speak. Never tried it though.
Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
AlfaBeta
Silver
Silver

Post by AlfaBeta »

Hi ar4me:

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I think you're right, actually when you start the car back up the ABS pump will activate to refill the accumulator which in effect "bleeds" the unit. I guess I was just asking about the pressure bleeder in general for bleeding brakes. Have you used a pressure bleeder for brakes before? If so, just curious about the details since mine didn't work.

thanks again
AlfaBeta
Jose I
Gold
Gold

Post by Jose I »

I also would like to know if it's OK to relocate the bas pump ,I woonder if moving the pump and accumulator will be enough to fit the Greg Gordon Super charger.
Drive'm Hard