Jose_76
Gold
Gold

Front brakes kit for GTV6/75 from RSRacing

Post by Jose_76 »

I guess everybody knows this item from RSRacing:

http://www.alfaromeo-performanceparts.c ... =BUDBZQB95

How are the studs supposed to be fitted with that kit? Has anybody done the same plate/spacer and knows the measures?
'84 Red GTV6 3.0
Giulietta24vTT
Gold
Gold

Post by Giulietta24vTT »

I have, After a while this setup wasn't enough so I switched to 4pots instead of the 2pots,but significat stopping power was truly there.
You need to copy the stock caliper's inner spacers pattern plus the Orings phases but make them extra 6 mm in width(I can't remembers the overal width of the new needed spacers).
The adapter isn't that easy but can be done , the two new holes are on the same line with the old caliper's mounting holes but are very close to the 2 old ones that attach the adapter from the Arm's assy , so you need 2 hights adapter like in the picture to clear for the 4 bolts heads.

Distances beetwin the calipers mounthing holes centers are 75mm.
Distance beetween new holes to old holes is {305-(old discs )}/2
If I recall correct you might need a new brake line that will clear for the caliper adapter.
Chen S
ex Giulietta 24V Glenwood TT.
Jose_76
Gold
Gold

Post by Jose_76 »

What about the spacer for the brake disc? How are the studs mounted?
'84 Red GTV6 3.0
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

Does the RSR kit use a modified caliper? (like the SZ rear conversions).
Is that how it accomodates the wide as hell rotor it uses?

I am thinking about making a set of spacers to move the stock caliper out. I am planning to use the Supra rotor that Zamani champions. 302x22mm, I think. (I need to get the rotors anyway because I bought Zamani´s old setup minus the rotors).
Stock calipers will work with 22mm width, right? The Supra rotors are $125 per set for Brembo. Figure $50 for machining of the rotors and $75 for making the spacer for mounting the caliper.
$250 brake upgrade.
Think this would work?
Jose_76
Gold
Gold

Post by Jose_76 »

Does the RSR kit use a modified caliper? (like the SZ rear conversions)?

Yes, exactly the same way. You can see the spacers in the pics.
'84 Red GTV6 3.0
Giulietta24vTT
Gold
Gold

Post by Giulietta24vTT »

I used to ount the front 305 discs behind the hub like the stock disc after milling them like on Barry's thread thus not using wheel spacers .

if you change the brake lines to the Calipers the adapter itself is a two hights parallel 75mm pairs of holes thingy which is not two hard to fabricate.
Chen S
ex Giulietta 24V Glenwood TT.