Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Barry, I can't understand that crap, I'll wait till you sober up and become coherent again! :roll: I suppose them brothers ran out of soap and they use pens now, heheh! :twisted:
Z, don't worry about it, my set as built is very good but probably too expensive to duplicate (here in Greece it cost me ~1200Euros). Now that I'm all done with brakes, when I look back the best deal so far for me is the set with the M3 discs, that cost ~750Euros and I think its just as good.
Anyone have any suggestion for the cooling duct size? I'm leaning towards 2".
Jim K.
bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Z,

I'll check out the FD calipers from my RX7. However, the Brembo calipers look much nicer and I'd prefer to stick with them. I know a while ago someone in the US was selling a brake upgrade kit and I think it was around the USD$3000 mark. Might be too much by the time customs add their duty on it etc.
Might just try to source some second hand brembo calipers from the evo's or 350z's ?
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

loosly translated,brake system is very nicely made,but that colour!..ok ,enough now..

Jim,On the race Gta`s I ran 2x 50mm cooling ducts,1x to the caliper and 1x to the disc center..These were cars that did 20 laps at max effort..
Street and street track,yes,50mm is good..
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

Don't you have an excuse for the family like visiting the greek islands in the summer??
lost my crediblity already in that area :lol:
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Hey JK,

I had a couple of visitors as well. Big mothers with black hairy chests.At first I thought they were walking horse hair mattresses but I was wrong. The garlic aftershave and olive earings made me suspect they were form the Greek Islands. They mumbled something about greased zucchinis and red brakes. I decided that I REALLY like red brakes there and then.

Funny that, how a couple of nice people can be so helpfull and change your mind-just like that.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Must be the Greek Chamber of Commerce High Pressure sales team. Did you also notice they had an air compressor around with an enema tip on the end of the hose? :shock: They have been known to blow things out of proportion,heheh! :lol:
Jim K.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Mmmmm,you Greek boys....and here I truly thought they were selling pens... :D
8)
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Pens huh? I wouldn't get close enough to smell'em! :lol: :shock:
Jim K.
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

barry wat is er mis met die kleur??
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:D :D Nothing,pulling the Greeksters leg here...Blameer vir MD,hy het die ding begin met die kleur.. :D :D
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

after having lots of troubles finding brakes for my rz , i bought some gta calipers.now i want some big disks!!what disks can i use ?are the original 156 gta disks suitable for my car?i have the same offset like the 75 milano and i think the gtv6.only the original SZ/RZ disks are a little bit larger than the 75 milano's.HELP NEEDED
karmat
Silver
Silver

Post by karmat »

Hey Jim, beautiful setup! Wish I had the cash to spend on the primo discs and machining you have there!

Just found out recently that the calipers on the current Volvo S60R are nice Brembo items and are about $200 each from the dealer + $40 core deposit. Don't know the piston size, but that's practically Ebay prices and these are new. Just FYI. I think the adapters in this article will fit a GTV6 since the Volvo calipers being replaced here are often used as an upgrade to the GTV6:

http://personal.linkline.com/dbarton/vo ... rakes.html

Got a set of RX7 pieces awhile back (Sumitomo) which are going on my 1750 GTV shortly.

Sadly my GTV6 is no longer, but I missed you guys and this forum so I couldn't stay away any more. :)

Karl
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Good point! Well I guess I should have just bought them Volvo calipers to begin with!
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Nice jobs those Volvo/Brembos! From the prices in the site, I figured that a pair complete with clips and pads would run ~$535US, which is about what we pay in Europe for a new set of Brembo reds (complete with pads) in eBay.
Jim K.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Those calipers was stolen off of a huge amout of pre-production cars and the first R-line cars over here in Volvo-town.

I wonder if they use the front or the rear ones, the front ones are ENORMOUS. :shock:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!