Barry
Verde
Verde

My rear brakes on the 116-Barry

Post by Barry »

:D I finally pulled a wheel off and took some pics.Zamani,sorry it took so damn long. Nothing fancy, but very effective.

155 v6 front discs and 164 cal-Same as Ford essex sierra.
If I did this again,I would NOT use such a powerfull caliper,I would use a 156-155-164 rear caliper as these cars are very light in the rear.
Attachments
View disc.jpg
View disc.jpg (138.83 KiB) Viewed 10422 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:!:
Attachments
Inside brckt.jpg
Inside brckt.jpg (148.51 KiB) Viewed 10420 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

:!:
Attachments
top view.jpg
top view.jpg (140.46 KiB) Viewed 10418 times
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

Barry,

Marvelous setup, is the handbrake hydraulic?
What size and brand master do you use, with the bigger volume at front/back?

Saluti,
Maurizio
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

eeew, single piston sliding calipers... ;)

How about using the front (Brembo) calipers from a 75? Light and more then enough to brake the car.

The Alfetta I drove last summer had a setup with the front calipers from a 33 and the disc from a 164 rear. Would have worked pretty good if the calipers hadn't been in such a need of a rebuild... :|
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Maurizio,The master dia. is 25.4mm This was selected to give the right "feel"

Mats,I can always rely on your more than direct comments....thats what I appreciate about you.......
Yes,the caliper was almost dictated at as the others I had in mind dont fit with the wheel on.The cal. is way too big,heavy and powerfull.Wrong choice as I have said prviously.I will still go with a sliding cal, but off the rear of the 155.156 or 164.(or simmilar Golf,BMW etc..)I have a set of A.P CP 23 calipers that I want to fit next..one day...

Barry
Carel
Silver
Silver

Post by Carel »

Hey Barry and Everybody els here.

Is having the brakes outboard really any advantage on the inboard

Carel
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

I haven't carried the rear brakes from the 75 for a long time. HEAVY! Compared to the wilwoods which weigh about 2 lbs? The Rear calipers weigh an easy 8-10 lbs.

But still, for cost reasons, sliding calipers are the way to go.

BTW, Barry, what about hand brakes?
LENZ
Gold
Gold

Post by LENZ »

Nice one Barry, i'm planning on using my brembo original front brakes in the back since i'll be using the gta set up up front.
At first iwas looking for other options for the rear by using calipers with handbrake mechanisms but since i will no longer be using my new front brakes i might as well mount them on the rear axle. Looks like a good combination with the Gta brembo's in the front and the 2 times 48mm brembo pistons at the back. I'll start with the original master and adjuster but might go for a 23.8mm if necassery.
There will be an in line hydraulic handbrake(on standard handbrake handle) with adjustable brake pressure lever.
155 3.0 V6 24v Q2 NovaCorse
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

Nice build Barry.

Probably a good choice for a budget long distance racer.
For short distance or street I'd keep the inboard brakes. For bigger budget we all know the sky is the limit.

Here's my setup.
Wilwood Dynalite II + Alfa SZ disks from Tar.Ox
Attachments
Rear brake.jpg
Rear brake.jpg (80.32 KiB) Viewed 10327 times
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

:D That was the future plan.
A cheap sliding cal. inboard use with vented disks, to keep the unsprung weight low.

But first start with using the origional brakes to the max :oops:
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
TNT
Silver
Silver

Inboard breaks overheating

Post by TNT »

I saw in a greek magasine they have wraped part of the exhaust (including cat.) of an s2000 with exhaust insulating wrap (i think the one thats been used mostly on headers) and they saw up to 5° celcium decrease in temperature.I think that would help big time the rear brakes and off course would reduce the oil temperature in the transaxle wich is a big beneffit too. Think about it , it is not that expencive :roll: