joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

Matt, truly great info you've got there. Thanks a lot for your detailed contribution. How much did the MC and reserve cost you if you dont mind me asking?... will start looking for these...

Cheers,

Joe
"Fun is an unintended, unforeseen, and usually undignified consequence of life."
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Thanks joey i try to describe every detail so if somethings not right or over looked someone can say so and then when its all finished its easier to follow.
I did one of the many front brake up grades(Volvo Girlings on Gtv6 discs) but was caught out ( i think Dennis too) because you really need SZ discs for everything to fit perfectly, so i hope with 25mm MC there is much detail and no "traps" for anyone interested :wink:
I have to reduce shims to less than 5mm because after a day of driving brakes are still slightly dragging but that brake pedal feel and travel is brilliant!
I got the MC (E32 7 series) from Sydney Wide European for $80AU with Reservior and the T fitting $15AU and "fittings" for about $5 each plus $10 labour when i had the front brake lines off the car to get flared with new fitting (this was the only place i could find these parts)Precision Brakes Simpson st Bondi but i would look around for one that allows for the slight extension on the ATE MC fittings and save yourself from re flaring the front brake lines
Thanks
Matt