Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

he jim,when i make false teeth they won't fall out!!even with super brakes
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

I was under the impression false teeth (complete dentures! :lol: ) should be removed at night and placed in a glass of water :?: :lol: I don't know how Dracula did it (and I'm not about to go ask him,you know! :!: )
Maybe all this belongs in the past with the invention of Crazy-Glue!
Jim K. (32 ferocious teeth and no fillings-yet :twisted: )
MD
Verde
Verde

Braking

Post by MD »

You're all a pack of crazy bastards- no wonder I likes yuz.

Yeah Jim, teeth mark in the dashboard combined with water drops from squeezing the passenger geezuss handle trying to hang on under acceleration is a lot more fun - I know.

What I was getting at was here in OZ if you do mechanical conversions to your car,say like the brakes, and they are non standard, you require a "Machinery Inspection Certificate" by a mechanical engineer to keep the Transport Departments from taking your car off the road.

In the case of brakes, these guys use decelleration meters to measure the braking capabilities of your new brakes (against some standard I suppose).

I just thought that these suckers could be a useful tool if one is doing some major mods so that you can measure and quantify the real difference in braking capability. I know there are other techniques !
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Yeah, MD, we're always in for a good laugh here! :lol:
I got just the thing for you, decel (braking) meters: there's 3 or 4 on ebay right NOW for ridiculous prices, like 15-20 UKPounds! Not a bad idea for local car clubs everywhere! :idea: Check out:
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 01851&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 39211&rd=1

There afew more in the same 'Ferodo' site. These things are OLD but they work! They're classics now!
Jim K.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Nothing like a can o` beans on the rear parcel shelf and an old helmet.....the bigger the dent in the helmet ,the better your brakes-Dont laugh,but years ago I banged into a barrier with my gtv turbo and was hit by a pissy speaker that had migrated from the rear parcel shelf-shit,thought I was dead!This simply added insult to injury..........
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
MD
Verde
Verde

Braking

Post by MD »

Hey Baz, waaddaya mean don't laugh ??

I 'm having a total kack just visualising the moment !! Bet it left brown stains in your "y" fronts.!! Absolute cartoon stuff.

Mate, keep this up and not only are you going to get the gong award for mech genius but resident comic too. Are you sure you can handle that much Hollywood?

Never know, this forum may even swing into voting you in as favourite "Alfa Idol". (or is that idle) Now there's an idea... :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
LENZ
Gold
Gold

Post by LENZ »

Barry, so you're saying the E30 MC's are a straight fit for the alfa booster.
And the suggested 25mm MC from the BMW 750 should be a straight fit for the M3, so this should also fit the alfa, right???
Barry, what kind of MC do you use on your gta brake upgrades?
My gta front brakes and (front) brembo's outboard in the rear give more pedal travel with the oem 22mm MC than i had hoped for.

Zamani, i remember you used (or wanted to use?) a 164TS MC 24mm but it won't fit the TS brake booster, what are you using on your car.
155 3.0 V6 24v Q2 NovaCorse
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

With all that piston area you should be able to throw that booster where it belongs, in the bin. ;)
Then you can use whatever MC you want, Porsche 944 for instance.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Lenz,

Yeah 164 V6 MC. I think it's 24mm. Plug and play, except one of the brake lines to the MC needs to be extended a little.
Daniel
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Daniel »

Hey Joey
Did you get a m/c yet ?
What's the concensus - BMW, Benz, VW, Porsche or Nissan Patrol.
I still want to replace my stock 22mm with a 25mm cause I've got too much pedal travel (4 spotters up front).

D
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

nope. damnit, i got excited when i saw your name since i know you're running a Big Brake setup. Quite surprised you're on the stock mc with those bigger mazda brakes.

do me a favour and check up on the wilwoods. it would be an awesome solution, i simply dont have the time to act on anything :(
"Fun is an unintended, unforeseen, and usually undignified consequence of life."
rz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by rz »

does one need i different mc with big brakes???i have the movit setup with porsche brembo's waiting to be installed!
some say a smaller mc brakes better??but when the pedal travel is to much,i'll hate it
Attachments
zagato remmen 003.jpg
zagato remmen 003.jpg (146.22 KiB) Viewed 10381 times
LENZ
Gold
Gold

Post by LENZ »

Pedal does feel much better without the booster mats.
I'd rather have a pedal box assembly but i'm really out of cash right now.

Z, i have a MC from a 164 TS 24mm but i can not mount it on my TS booster, definatly not a straight fit, will check if this is caused by my booster or the TS MC being diifferent from a V6 MC??

I might have foudn a compareble MC from ATE , have to look into it

http://www.contiteves-am.com/generator/ ... _de_en.pdf
155 3.0 V6 24v Q2 NovaCorse
Giulietta24vTT
Gold
Gold

Post by Giulietta24vTT »

hey there
Did anyone try the 23.6 ATE MC offered on some alfa parts stores with the stock GTV6/Milano Calipers ? , or the 24mm one from a 164S with the stock calipers???
Chen S
ex Giulietta 24V Glenwood TT.
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Here's a pic of a 25mm ate MC off a E32 BMW, it would bolt up to gtv booster fine, but..... you have to use the '25mm' reservior as gtv one wont fit it but the BMW one in photos is ok imho as it has a blanked off port you could use for the hose to the clutch MC and same wiring for brake fluid level warning light but....................... i ve been holding off fitting this MC because i wonder having fitted bigger front brakes and then a 25mm MC how front to rear bias will be and if an adjustable bias valve is required to get correct set up??, plus the length between the brake booster 'rod' that goes into the back of the MC, this length must be critical, too long and after engine start = vacumn = booster assisatance the brakes could drag or even lock on, too short = no assistance OR does this rod just locate the booster to the MC an press on the end of the MC shaft if that makes sense? so changing MC not a so simple.
Last edited by matt on Fri Jun 17, 2005 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.