Jose_76
Gold
Gold

Budget brake upgrade for track days?

Post by Jose_76 »

Hi, I've seen tons of different BBK's here which look awesome, but, is that really a must for a (stock) 3 liter GTV6 for track days?

I assume that the first points are: check/rebuild master cylinder + check/rebuild calipers + Good brake fluid + good pads, but above this, what would be the next-step best budget for brake improvement?

Thank you all beforehand!
'84 Red GTV6 3.0
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: Budget brake upgrade for track days?

Post by kevin »

Jose , I have always found the Ferodo Ds2500 pads with proper race fluid have been great for trackdays which don't exceed 15 min sessions of hard braking .
Bleed the system well and as you said with the master cyl serviced and all the old fluid flushed its good to go .
Normally issue starts on binding rear callipers at the track so make sure the bleed nipples are in good condition so if you have do trackday services you're ok .
Using poor or low quality pads on the rear actually generates a lot of heat which normally causes the binding problems .
Good luck.
Jose_76
Gold
Gold

Re: Budget brake upgrade for track days?

Post by Jose_76 »

Kevin, thank you very much for your advice and then, experimentally, see if I need more stopping power/heating resistance
'84 Red GTV6 3.0