mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Ansa Stainless back box

Post by mjr »

HI all,

I am currently in contact with a firm in the UK, whom are willing to reproduce the ANSA or STEBRO rear exhaust box with twin tail pipes, in stainless steel for the 2.5 and 3.0. I am going down this route since Ansa and Stebro dont have a UK distributor, or produce them in stainless, its a pain in the a!!s to import them. Having a CSC system fitted to my car, (which in my opinion spoils the sweet v6 note) I dont have any of the specifications for the ANSA and Stebro rear boxes. I need Dimensions of the box and bore sizes, as well as a good photo of each unit, not fitted. Could anyone please furnish me with this info? Current price indication is around £250 stirling each for one offs. Steep, but being stainless should last a long long time, Im sure that the price will come down for more than one though.

Thanks
for any help
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

seeing as it is a custom job why not improve on the design of the ansa by designing your own specs??? be more worth it imo.
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'
33 1.7ie
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

I like twin small pipes at the tail end as the sound is more shrill as opposed to the low bassy tone of a single big pipe.
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

patzo_3l wrote:seeing as it is a custom job why not improve on the design of the ansa by designing your own specs??? be more worth it imo.

because the ansa system sounds fantastic and has adequate flow, so why mess with the design when it sounds so fantastic :wink:
dan668s
Gold
Gold

Post by dan668s »

Stebro sound better than Ansa imho, I've had both...
However I would like the exhaust note to be a bit louder, so next time I'm going build it myself
Alfa Romeo - The thinking man's car!
--------------------------------------------
2004 Alfa Romeo Sportwagon 1.9 JTD
1986 Alfa Romeo GTV6 2.5
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

...all this fixation about sound.. mm, me thinks I've got it.

What you need is not pipes but megawatts. Yeah. Mount a 15" speaker between the tailights, coupled to a 3000amp power supply. Feed a signal from an MP3 player that is reproducing a sampled hornbag engine.

Now let's. You're at the front row at the lights next to a Honda Civic. There is a gorgeous chick at the wheel. You wanna impress the her with your mucho exhaust note and so you select track 3 that plays a V16 twin overhead cam and turn up the wick. She is so overcome by the sound that she faints. The crowd on the footpath have all jumped over the fence wearing brown skidmarks in their underwear. Naturally you rush over and give her mouth to mouth rescusitaion and bring her to. The romance develops as you both drive off into the sunset to the tune of Yellow Brick Road by Elton John playing simultaneously as the tone of an Italian Vespa putters from track 84 through your exhaust speaker.

..and the moral of the story is..

A hot exhaust note is the consequence of a hot engine and peripherals. The nature and character of that note will vary in accord with the nature of the modifications. If you don't have one , don't be a pretender and be true to your car..fans of Elton John excepted. 8)
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
patzo_3l
Platinum
Platinum

Post by patzo_3l »

yeh what MD wrote. lol
patzo_3l

3l gtv6 turbo 85'
2006 147 gta selespeed
1990 75 twinspark
1998 spider
2.0l gtv 85'