Duk
Verde
Verde

Re: Undecided Performance Direction

Post by Duk »

Hi Kev. Cheers for the input about cams versus diff ratio.
If I did do cams, they'd be pretty mild so as not to loose much/any low rpm torque.

Garth, cheers for the offer of your Adaptronic and loom. Unfortunately I'm not really in a position to take up such an offer ATM.

Having said that, me thinks you may be selling my proposed Nissan (VL Commondore :? ) ECU set up a bit short. They can easily deal with injectors in the 350-440cc/min (standard VL turbo injectors are 240cc/min) range while providing a good quallity idle. The bigger (300ZX) 80mm airflow meters and also the bigger Ford airflow meter can all be made to work via the internal coding in the chip.
This would allow the Nissan computer to run a stout force fed engine (300-350hp) with some impresive results (from a drivabillity point of view).
Factory (digital :wink: ) computers are a lot more complicated than most people realise. The problem is getting into them, understanding how they work and being able to make changes as you need to that best work with your engine.

I did look for software that would allow me to at least interpret the factory Bosch Motronic 4.1 system in my Potenziata, but there seams to be precious little info for the 4.1 system, and what is out there is a blatant rip off compared to the Nistune stuff and the tuning stuff available for the Delco (Holden/GM), Ford EEC4 and Honda stuff.
Ye Olde Bosch system also has some pretty piss poor limitations compared to the other factory systems (low RPM reading abillity and some weired low load/full throttle map arrangements).
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Hey Duk, hows it coming along..? 8)

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
Duk
Verde
Verde

Post by Duk »

Slowly.............. :oops: