Building the supercharger to the engine (75 3.0V6)

Jim K
Verde
Verde

Re: Building the supercharger to the engine (75 3.0V6)

Post by Jim K » Tue Oct 02, 2018 7:05 pm

Just measured several sets of used 164 24v gaskets (all in excellent, I would even say reusable shape) and they are all 1.6-1.7mm. I have a new set of special Nava ones still sealed, advertised as 1.6mm thick.

Jim K.
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:19 am

@ Remco:It is fore sure a 12v one since i never owned a 24v.

Finaly found some info on it on the web. There are 1.8 and 1.7 one's according to this site:
https://www.auto-onderdelen24.nl/alfa-r ... koppakking
Think the 1.8mm ones are for a skimmed head so i think 1.7 is original. 1.7 are the Reinz one's.

I tried to measure between the head an blok on the car. I was getting a reading of 1.8mm but it was a bit tricky...
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer » Thu Oct 04, 2018 1:21 am

Thanks Jim!
gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:32 pm

I pulled the engine because I want to built in a baffle plate in the sump. Checked the crank when I was at it. Had it regrind.All bearings which where good stayed nice. The bad ones got worse.

Also the pistons which where coated gone bad. Coating was gone. All aftermarket and NOS piston and liner sets which I ordered where of very low quality.
0.1mm piston to liner clearance with some and 0.02mm ovalization and taper error or more.... sent them al back.

Now I'm exploring forgies. Some have a quench area but built for high comp ratio. I want about 8.8:1 to 9:1 so I need custom made ones.
Paul Spreull for example has high com ones with what is looks like a quench area:

I think it is nice with for me a disch in the middle to compensate cr. What do you guys think?
How much head to piston clearance should the quench area have..?
Tough questions I think.

Wossner does the same it looks like:

gtv-racer
Platinum
Platinum

Post by gtv-racer » Mon Jun 24, 2019 12:33 pm

I pulled the engine because I want to built in a baffle plate in the sump. Checked the crank when I was at it. Had it regrind.All bearings which where good stayed nice. The bad ones got worse.

Also the pistons which where coated gone bad. Coating was gone. All aftermarket and NOS piston and liner sets which I ordered where of very low quality.
0.1mm piston to liner clearance with some and 0.02mm ovalization and taper error or more.... sent them al back.

Now I'm exploring forgies. Some have a quench area but built for high comp ratio. I want about 8.8:1 to 9:1 so I need custom made ones.
Paul Spreull for example has high comp ones with what is looks like a quench area:

http://www.spruellmotorsport.com/piston ... -5301.html

I think it is nice with for me a disch in the middle to compensate cr. What do you guys think?
How much head to piston clearance should the quench area have..?
Tough questions I think.

Wossner does the same it looks like:

https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/--_D7 ... C_0277.JPG