bteoh
Platinum
Platinum

Post by bteoh »

Does anyone have a 24v 3.0 164 motor that uses a Technocar R-519 (M20 x 1.25 thread ) oil filter?
My motor from Dawie has that filter but according to the specs, that filter is for a 2.0 litre 156/ 147 motor? The correct listing is an R-124 but that size thread (3/4 inch) is too small for my oil filter attachment on the motor?

Anyone know anything about this? Michael, Bernard???
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Brian,Check out the Bmw range of filters-x check the specs with the Alfa and match or improve on them.
Physical sizes
Flow rates
pressure capability
one way valve,etc etc..

The 156/147 filter is good on the v6.
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

... and all hell apparently broke loose so I have removed the last 6 posts.

While I appreciate that monster 134 has a beef with Glenwood and the AlfaGtv6.com Forum is a permissible venue to air such experiences (indeed, they are encouraged), the correct location to post such comments is in the "Vendor Reviews" topic group. Contentious issues such as this one will hijack the original topic and as such are to be avoided. I'll not comment further on the followup discussions except to say they were pretty unfortunate :(

I really hate to do this since I'd have hoped that everyone would act civilly towards each other without the imposition of specific rules (we are a very small community after all), I've posted a Code of Conduct (see Site Administration & announcements). Before posting anything new, please review this and ensure that future posts adhere to these requirements.

Thanks,
Michael
1981 GTV6
monster 134
Silver
Silver

Post by monster 134 »

I did not even see the replies. :( Apparently some of them werent too nice.

I was in quite a large accident yesterday,so im a bit broken and sore.

Im not in the mood to even follow up on this.Michael,i understand where you coming from.Pity you had to delete my post though.

My mail address is in my profile.If any of you okes need to discuss this further,mail me.

John can come see me over beers in person when he comes to visit sunny SA again.No need to get personal and stuff.

We are adults...
Its not how fast you drive-but how you drive fast.....
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Mike,any pics of your alternator yet? :?:
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Hi Barry:
I left Seattle for Thailand on Sunday (quick holiday) - will post lots of pics of the alternator and the engine as soon as I return - again, thanks so much for offering to make me a bracket! I got a used 164 LS alternator off Ebay and it looks excellent - might be a great upgrade for all our cars come to think of it...

Cheers,
Michael
1981 GTV6
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Apart from the fact the engine is great, the one thing I don't really like are the "sad" cam covers. I know this engine is only about performance, but are the "ornamented" cam covers available?
Mezevenf
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Mezevenf »

Well, as it was a FWD engine, I believe there is really only the one "pretty" cover, as thats all that you can see.

I havent seen someone with both covers on before...
Bernard M (AKA Mef - Mezevenf)

1986 75QV 3.0L 24v V6 - Silver
1985 GTV6 2.5L 12v V6 - Red
1999 166 3.0L 24v V6 - Red

NightSpec
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

Hey B,
from reading micheals post and seeing his headers - does this mean that the headers you sent me for my 24v gta engine will not fit properly into my gtv6 engine bay either ? :?: :shock:
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Pancho, you headers will fit perfectly as they were first tested on my car to check all clearances. I supplied all the original sets to Glenwood up to a year ago then it came to much of a mission to make them. Subsequently the last sets that were sent to Glenwood from Dawies supplier were not as good. This supplier did not give the same attention to the small details and hence reflected bad on Dawie. I know Dawie really felt he was let down by this supplier and so I have decided to make a further six sets for him. These will be perfect like the ones before. Unfortunately I will not be making for anyone else as its a waste of time to export now with all the new laws regarding privateers.
By the way Patrick, im already bored of the 3.2 GTA motor and have bought another 164 motor which I am stripping so I can put a GTA crank in with the big bore kit which I have bought from Dawie.(100mm pistons) 3.7 Litre.
Dawie will have the block machined for me and the pistons cut as there is no this side of the equator who can do this properly. He has paid all the school fees so even though I have the facilities I wont attempt it.
My plans for the 3.2 motor which is coming out will be supercharging. Might put it into my 164. Will talk to Greg to see if he has a unit small enough. Cheers
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Your headers will fit perfectly...Will not send stuff that does not fit properly.. 8)
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

Not that I doubted you two gurus, but I thought I would check just to be 100%.

Hey Kev, when you comming back to have a hit ? I still have to go pickup that flywheel spacer, I have been very slack. :( Say hi to your dad for me - he's a cool guy.

and B , we may see each other for the next world cup ! :wink:

We got back from Germany last week, great place to be, we also saw 3 aussie games, shame the ref made such a bad call against italy - the grown men in front of us were literally crying uncontrollably.
PanchoRama

kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Pancho, i will be posting some pics of one of the three types of headers I am curently making. The one type looks good(nearly all equal length pipes)and you can get to all the nuts BUT the big negative is that to fit them in you have to loosen the engine mounts and shift the motor to the side opposite the side you are fitting. This type is deffinately not for anyone who wants a bolt in kit. If I was using bolts into the head and not studs sticking out this would not be necessary. My preference.
The very first set of headers we ever made five years ago before we made a jig did however touch on the left side of the block. Fractionally. It was easy to correct. I think Lenz got that set. Come a long way since that.
Will put pics up on another thread pertaining to this subject and hopefully Mats can give some positive critisism so it can develope properly.
Pancho, just came back from Roland Garros where my ex doubles partner was playing(Kevin Ulyett). Good to watch.
Cheers.
LENZ
Gold
Gold

Post by LENZ »

Yes Kevin had to remove a little strip of the engine"(where vyou mount the sump), nothing major, other than that it;s a perfect fit
155 3.0 V6 24v Q2 NovaCorse
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

hey kev, sounds good. I finally got my pistons from Barry, he was kind enough to sort it out for me so I now owe him one.

I was at RG during the french open, the birds were spectacular to say the least. :shock:

The mech has started the polishing of the valves as well as porting the intake ports by about .5mm, I will post pics as soon as I can. At least we are underway again. The only thing he had done was rebuild and restore the GB to as new. the diff is now I think 47% tighter and it was done with extra ZF clutches as opposed to thin peices of aluminium. Not sure why some people do it with thin aluminium, maybe cost ? anyhow. thanks once again guys, you rock!
PanchoRama