junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Group Alfa Transport to Seattle 2005 Convention!

Post by junglejustice »

I ask that those members here, who are not NA-based, please hang with me on this X-post for the benefit of the many of us here, who DO live in NA and who WOULD like to maybe take advantage of the opportunity to do this… NO COMMERCIAL INTEREST!! (My Alfas are already here.)

I am posting here to try and create as much visibility for this opportunity as possible and to try and ensure a maximum potential for success for the rest of you...

There is an initiative that really developed out of a suggestion from one of the guys in the SoCal club, (to accurately place credit/blame - I think that it was Nizam...), so stone him for it:

Any way, the thought was to pool together and have an entire transporter full of Alfas picked up somewhere in central-Cali and brought up for the Alfa convention here in Seattle this Summer (to the home of Michael Harris AND THE ALFAGTV6.COM!!!)

A few Alfa owners have now actually asked me about coordinating it, (as I am part of the planning committee for the "Alfa Potlatch 2005 National Convention") Initially, I offered to collect keys, inspect for damage and arrange storage until attendees arrived! It would seem that the commitment is expanding to include transport arrangements too, so I would need help with it if we are going to make this a reality for you.

As some of you know, I am always more than happy to help, so fine, let's try it!

Maybe we can get a personal email sent to me from each of you who are SERIOUSLY interested, to try and grasp a handle on an initial level of interest! Please email me at john@reginaceleste.com Expect cost to be a minimum of 600 to a 1000 bucks US both ways at volume just to get your car here and back! (So serious contenders ONLY please.)

I guess that it is not far-fetched to think that we could maybe get several transporters filled from 5 or 6 separate pick-up/drop-off points in the US!?

Let me extend this invitation to those of you located OUTSIDE of the US to help with accommodation arrangements at the very least, should you choose to enlist our help! (I think that Dawie de Villiers, Ron Simons and a few others are actually committed to join us, so come on to the rest of you abroad!) - Take advantage of the weak dollar now! :wink: Let's make this an INTERNATIONAL Alfa convention!
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
AlfaTipo
Gold
Gold

Post by AlfaTipo »

How about a run up route 1 starting in LA and picking up those that want to actually drive their Alfa's?

I might even consider driving down to SF to meet up. Some wine stops along the way...... Accomodation could be a problem that time of year but we could do it in advance. Make a neat week. Then transporter back maybe?

Hell, we could even make some money out of it!
Jef
85 GTV6 'Gina G2' Shankle cams and headers Resting Serious rebuild in the future
85 GTV6 'Gina G3' Sold but missed.
www.motozane.com