junglejustice
Verde
Verde

So, Hypothetically Speaking;

Post by junglejustice »

(...and don't shoot me here now, OK! Go easy on me....)

- Just asking because I really DON'T know and yes this does not concern the rest of the planet, only NA and - enough disclaimers now?

Hypothetically speaking:

If I wanted to take my 3.7 NA modified Milano racing here in the US - What catagory could I possibly get tossed in? What would I be competing against?

Not looking for scorn, just honest answers. Curious...
Last edited by junglejustice on Mon Jan 10, 2005 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

If I were you I would go and bash some Porsches up :D
Fixing it bit by bit....
4SFED4
Gold
Gold

Post by 4SFED4 »

There ARE no classes for your car in any organized series I can think of, nothing where you would be "competitively" grouped with other cars.

Best you could do is some of the lapping events/days and see what times others are running to satisfy your need to compare yourself to others.

Go do a year in Skip Barber jj, you will be the better for it in more ways than you know.

-Brian
4SFED4
Gold
Gold

Post by 4SFED4 »

I have learned the SCCA has a regional support for Super Production (O and U); check with your Regional SCCA division for more.

-Brian
Hit an Apex
Silver
Silver

Post by Hit an Apex »

Are you a member of the SCCA? IF you are contact your local area region or call them, they HAVE to find you a class to race in (i think).
JoeCab
Silver
Silver

Re: So, Hypothetically Speaking;

Post by JoeCab »

junglejustice wrote:Not looking for scorn, just honest answers. Curious...
I think there is one series that your car would be perfect for... The One Lap!

Joe
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Brian wrote:There ARE no classes for your car ...

go do track events ...satisfy your need to compare yourself to others???

Go do a year in Skip Barber jj, you will be the better for it in more ways than you know.

-Brian
Uuh.... Uhm... Uuhhh, Oh forget it....

Hey Jes! - Heard the one about the guy who convinced Michael Schumi to visit a local AR track event...?

After much begging, he agrees to take one of the Alistis' Milano for a spin on the track... Schumi comes back and says: "...Man! For a 17 year old street car, this thing is sweet, but it needs brakes! The shifting sucks and the nose ploughs like a pig...!"

The proud Alsiti looks at him and says: "Hey, go take some driving lessons, the car's fine..."

Thanks for the productive feedback. I will be an SCCA member soon when I do my SOVREN license. I was just curious about what's out there...

One Lap sounds like a blast! Just worried about the reliabiliy factor of driving a non-race car, (but "merely a fast street car") that hard...
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

Alsiti? whats an alsiti?

alfisti? :wink:

and on that note, whats the relevance of the schumi remark?

are you somehow intimating that someone suggesting you take a driving class is just as incredulous as someone telling "schumi" to do likewise? :cry:

honestly, i know you feel like a targeted species here, but you do dig your own holes...

out of interest, is there anything you do like about the alfa?

there are plenty of "sweet cars" that have huge brakes, a slick and direct gear change, and dont pitch at all... they're called japanese.

maybe the only thing you'll be happy with is a SMG, go german perhaps?
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

:lol: :lol:

JJ, are you bored, and decided to rock the boat?

Jes (hoping it won't get me in trouble with the "elite"...)
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

NAahhhh

Post by junglejustice »

Naahhh,

Just joking around a bit... Wanted to see who still hates me? (Had one taker so far...) :lol: I'm past all of that stuff. We are all on the same side here and I hope that the Brian/Jim/Barry/Andrew et al camps have it out of their systems too....

Somewhat bored though, you're right! I wanna work on the cars... Put those engines in...

BTW "Alsiti" - its that new brand of Alfisti who drives Alfas but secretly hates them... :roll:

I have a 300ZX by-the-by... I like driving it from time to time, but it's just not an Alfa.... (Hate owning it - it never breaks and I don't get to work on it...)

Since the guy who started this thread is a "good friend of mine", let's hijack it! What other non-Alfa cars do others here own (that they will admit to?)
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

eh, jj you must realise a few things for peaceful co-habitation...

alfa owners, just like their cars, are fickle and temperamental things and more to the point, you insult one and you insult the other! :wink:

as for the alfa itself - be kind, she's old - if you're so against the gearshift, why not get the box rebuilt? in the other thread you mention you have a crunching 2nd gear - so obviously its seen better days with at least 100,000km on it since rebuild/new, so i think its rather unfair to judge it in this condition. Its true, other manufacturers have boxes that age more gracefully - call it charm !

Since we are hi-jacked, i too drive a nissan as my other car. Its a bluebird (altima in the states). It is "reliable", does the job, but i can't say the alfa gave me more trouble, although i owned it for far less time, she is much older so i call it in favor of the alfa !
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

Saab, Saab, Saab, Saab, Saab, Saab ... :twisted:

Knew you were fishing...

Yeah, can't wait to get my fingers on it again, either.

BTW, the gearboxes _are_ being rebuilt, gears lightened, shift linkage rebuilt...

Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

yeah, my bad... just noticed afterwards in Baz's thread...

sounds good, let us know how it goes !