TEM
Silver
Silver

Modified 2.5 and stock L-jet?

Post by TEM »

Hi,

I'm getting my 2.5 rebuilt with JE pistons (10,5:1), C&B Stradale Massimo cams, head work ++

I was planning to use the stock L-jet with this setup until I can afford a modern setup - but is a bit concerned that the L-jet can't cope with the new internals.

What do you guys think - can I tamper with the L-jet and get the engine safely running until I can afford the good stuff? What could/should be done?

Appreciate your feedback.

/Tor Erik
1987 GTV6 2.5
1985 GTV6 3.0 24V racecar
1969 Giulia Super
2007 GT
jol
Silver
Silver

Re: Modified 2.5 and stock L-jet?

Post by jol »

TEM wrote:Hi,

I'm getting my 2.5 rebuilt with JE pistons (10,5:1), C&B Stradale Massimo cams, head work ++

I was planning to use the stock L-jet with this setup until I can afford a modern setup - but is a bit concerned that the L-jet can't cope with the new internals.

What do you guys think - can I tamper with the L-jet and get the engine safely running until I can afford the good stuff? What could/should be done?

Appreciate your feedback.

/Tor Erik
I've understood that the injectors bottoms out pretty early, a solution might be rising fuel pressure... but then you'll have to recalibrate the afm (adjust spring stiffness inside) to a decent afr ratio aswell.
I would change the efi alltogether to o-ring injectors instead of just getting larger hose-type injectors
The milano very sold, some day some other Alfa...
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

I have some head work done on my 2.5 with larger intake and exhaust valves and CSC headers, I have just started playing with my AFM and currently have it 9 clicks richer and am just getting away from the lean surge caused by the ECU reading the O2 sensor, I think a Fuel Pressure increase would help too, I just don have an adjustable FP regulator on it.
shures
Gold
Gold

Larger Valves

Post by shures »

Sam,

Who did the valve work and how big did they go?
Scott Shure
Ellicott City, Md
85 GTV-6
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Italian Motor Works in Altanta, I think they got them from IAP, not sure of the size.