Seb
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Seb »

No, the engine is originally a 12v QV engine. Quatrofoglio Verde. Not a 24 valve... Trust me I know!

Seb
Proud member of Team Rauk Race.

156 V6 24v -98
GTV6 3.0QV-83
75 3.0 Race Car "The raukster"
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

lol... thats what i thought ! i trust you seb..

i thought u guys were using qv meaning 24v... i thought it was strange noting the milano model it came out of.. its obviously modified ! hehe

i dont think we have those model names here
PaulyCC
Silver
Silver

Post by PaulyCC »

Oh How Sweet, I just saw this on another alfa page and was going to ask about the build, figured Id come over to trusty alfagtv6.com first and see, of course you guys are all on top of it. 256km/h!! thats hot. Love the Itg filters, did anyone cover the plenum and fuel rail system? not stock obviously?

Yea I always thought qv was reserved for 24v as well, leave it up to alfa to name something with the acronym Q.V. to confuse us all. hah. how about using QF or QFV. ahh looks terrible, lets just stay confused haha.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I guess you guys are from the US?
In the civilized world ( ;) ) there has been QV's in pretty much every model serie since the Bertone...
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
PaulyCC
Silver
Silver

Post by PaulyCC »

Heh, Yes Im very well aware of the Quadrifoglio history. ;) but not of their being a Quadrifoglio Verde History back before the bertone? I mean before 1980 for the 75,33 where there had to be color designations?. Yes the Quadrifoglio bertone had a Green Clover but ive never heard it referred to as a Quadrifoglio Verde, but i could be wrong.

Either way its confusing if you own say.. a ferrari, or any other car company that uses QV for what we use it as well. ;)

The easiest way since there are so many QV cars, just say 12v or 24v either way, which noone who was referring to this car as a QV did until asked. Sorry us Americans are too dense.. The problem probably lies in Americans never got the 33, nor the 90 QV 12v cars. haha works for me :)
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Anyway!

Feck it goes!

It really really pulls! you can see how much torque it has by the amount of speed it puts on over those loooooong 2nd and 3rd gears!
Fixing it bit by bit....
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Amazing how it kept up with ...what seemed to be an Audi RS4??? Or maybe just an S4 with wide fenders?
Seb
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Seb »

yep, it pulls ALL the way. It hit 8000 RPM´s on every gear and the speedometer went nuts! Had to go home and change my underwear after driving it! :-)

Seb
Proud member of Team Rauk Race.

156 V6 24v -98
GTV6 3.0QV-83
75 3.0 Race Car "The raukster"
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Seb,

Is it really a 3.0??? Or is it like a 3.3L or something? The idle is not smooth...so I am thinking it is a notch above my cams. Like something with 11mm lift and very long duration. and overlap.
Does it use Motec?
ALFA GTV6 GP
Platinum
Platinum

Post by ALFA GTV6 GP »

Some added info as a owner of two Alfa 90's( which I love ) I felt must add this.
In 1986, Alfa Romeo introduced the Alfa 90 super, which addressed some of the problems in the original Alfa 90. Despite being a significantly better car, the 90 super didn't sell as well as the 90, both because it couldn't shed the stigma of the original 90, and also because the Alfa 75/Milano had been released, which exhibited better build quality.
The 90 Super addressed many of the problems associated with the original Alfa 90. The 90 Super was a greatly improved car, using lower gearing and stiffer suspension which matched the then-new 75, together with the 75's single-plate clutch. The 2.5i no longer came with the impressively-named optoelectronic cluster, reverting to an analogue cluster used in the smaller-engined European versions. The trip computer was no longer offered. Note that the 90/90 Super is not a hard and fast digital/analogue cut-off.

A comparison test by Wheels against a 75 decided the 90 Super was the superior car, and indeed "the best of current Alfas", and "it does everything the 75 does, and does almost everything rather better". However the 90 super was unable to overcome the reputation of the original 90: sales had slowed to a trickle and relatively few Supers were imported to Australia.
I have both Gold clover (problematic inaccurate "Star Wars" dash) and the Super. The Gold is just perfect for a High Power upgrade having lsd and longer gearing and no sunroof (less weight) just lose those heavy heavy electric seats add a couple of race seats and a high output motor suspension and watch the faces of the GTV6/Milano owners in your rearview mirror as you show them your tail pipe!
Alfa 75 3.0 qv potenziata (Black)
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Silver)
Alfa GTV6 GP 3.0 (Red)
Alfa GTV6 GP (Concourse)
Alfa GTV6 SA 3.3 AHMotorsport (Grey) 226.3 Bhp atw
Alfa GTV6 3.0 (Dark Grey) 200+ Bhp atw