GarthW
Verde
Verde

Re: JK's v6 book

Post by GarthW »

How come australians cant order it?

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
mtr005
Silver
Silver

Post by mtr005 »

My order seemed to go through. Just waiting on it to come
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Who did you order it through?

The supplier i went to order from said they dont send to australia.

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

The Englisch send all their criminals to Australia a few :roll: years back.. maybe they don't want to share this wisdom with the offspring off those criminals? :wall: :mrgreen:

I ordered the book in Holland by one of our internetbookstores. Just typed in the IBN number and found it. :)
Drive it like you stole it...
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

No worries, thanks evo. :D

Selling 1985 GTV6.

mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

you guys wont be dissapointed. Its a nice qulity product, well finished too :)
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

As long as its better than that alfa bible, and has some forced induction know how, then all good. :lol: :roll:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

its all in there Garth. it will certainly have many of you re thinking the 24v route!! i certainly wont be bothering now
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Just ordered mine from Veloce, you guys in Australia can't order from there? I imagine that if it ships to Uruguay it must ship to Australia.
mtr005
Silver
Silver

Post by mtr005 »

hi,
yeah i ordered it through veloce. It seemed to go through fine. not at home to know if it has arrived yet but I'm fairly sure its all good
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Is there any info on the 2.0 v6 Tb engine in the book? Reason i ask is because i just bought myself a 916 GTV v6 Tb... :)

I really like the shape of the car but the performance is not to good. Needs more bhp but the original small turbo has it limit at 250 bhp. There is very little info on the potential of this engine on the internet and i would like to know what the engine can take reliable. The managementsystem will probably be changed to get rid of the flapper AFM... If the engine itself would take 400 bhp that would be nice... :D
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

your kidding right? your complaining about 250bhp as standard?! :roll: why would you want 400hp on a gtv road car? that's pointless
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

200bhp as standard on a 1380kg roadcar is not my idea of a fast car.

But the 400 bhp is not what i would want ( wouldn't mind though..)but just as kind of a safetynet. If the engine can take 400 bhp it will last with 300-350 which would be nice for the GTV :wink: . If the engine can just take 300 than there is no need to go to the bigger turbo and injectors... :(
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

250hp at the engine or wheels?

You would want 250hp at the wheels. :D

If the book is mostly about 24valves, thats fine. I wanted a 24v years ago until i turbocharged the old girl, so i'll will never go back...would be going backwards really unless i built a 24v.
I would love to boost a 24v, but just not worth the expense.

Evo-I dont think a standard engine will make 300hp with standard injectors. Mine is making a little over 300 at the flywheel on 15psi(small turbo), and i needed new injectors....do you mean the 12v?

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Very little info on the 2.0 V6 TB in the book. However, a friend here is currently fiddling with his GTV V6TB and is installing a bigger turbo, injectors, ecu+mapping. He's part of our garage gang, so I'll know first hand what can be done. Btw, his engine is pictured in the book. Should have news in a few weeks after mapping. Speaking of the book, the first negative aspect I found is the very small size of most pics. Rather than use larger pic size and consequently increase the number of pages as necessary, the editor decided this solution was better.... :x

End of an era...I reluctantly sold my 3liter car (couple of pics in the book) to a friend. He was looking to build another 75 (he already has a TS) and after adding up the compounded costs, he made me a very respectable offer of 10k€. Considering what 75's are worth these days and my future plans regarding this hobby, I accepted. He is well aware the engine alone cost that much, but we all know money spent on cars is written off sooner or later. I labored on this car since I bought it in '98. If you factor in the financial situation in Greeceland now, 10k€ for a 75 is downright unthinkable!
The previous 3liter engine I have sitting around is also going for another 2.5k€, so I can now comfortably continue to finance the various projects/upgrades; in order of precedence:
-24v 3liter installed in 1.8T car (this month?)
-GT2854 snail install in daily 75. (this month?)
-1.8T engine build for ~270-300hp (start end of this month)
-Finish parts ordering for 3.2liter 24v. I may even seriously consider Jenvey ITB's!
All this will happen if Greece's financial conditions remain in the current -pitiful- state. If things go worse, I will of course have to revise/cancel the 3.2liter plans as family and home necessities come first and the best possible financial security must be assured for the duration.
Jim K.