mjr
Platinum
Platinum

JK's v6 book

Post by mjr »

Any update on the book?, its been quiet for a while.
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

I'da thought he would have given it a plug here when he was done.....or at least expressed relief on its completion.

He's probably had more parts snafu's if my experience getting Alfa parts is any indication.
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

I know for a fact Jim is working very hard on this book. My understanding is that he is essentially done with the 12 valve stuff and is working on the 24 valve information. I don't have any more information on the release date than anyone else. I doubt even Jim knows the release date as these projects always run over on time and budget.

I can say with certainty that this book is worth waiting for. If you are considering a performance V6 overhaul I strongly suggest you wait for this book. Especially if you are planning any modifications to the cylinder heads.

Greg
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

I got a side note in an email from JK about two months ago. It will be a little while on the book.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Well, things have been dead for many months due to certain delays out of my control. Fortunately, Santa Claus came my way with some crucial items and I'm back at work finishing the 12v as Greg said. I'm in the middle of something very interesting and important now, something a lot of people have been after for a long time. I'm testing the prototype and I estimate the final item will take a couple of months or so to be ready. I now have my cams also and will install and map/dyno soon. Things seem to be rolling again; will report when I have something worthwhile to say like power figures for the road/track 12v 3liter.
Best regards and a Happy New Year to all,
Jim K.
tcl
Silver
Silver

Post by tcl »

JimGreek wrote:.... I'm in the middle of something very interesting and important now, something a lot of people have been after for a long time. ...
Any hints?
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

what a teaser... :D :D
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

I'm pretty sure he means big bore headers with long primaries. Everyone wants one of those.
Dr. Alban
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

NO,tHATS TEAZERS..THE GENTLEMANS CLUB.... :wink:
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Cant wait, There is a space already secured on the book shelf next to another JK collection.
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

All in good time, as its a difficult issue.
Btw, the 4cylinder book sold out and they're going to reprint. Asked if I have any changes/additions to make, I corrected a few typos, a porting number in the TS diagram, added Jarmo Kekarainen (Sweden) as a quick-rack supplier and -if I can have it ready in time- I'll add flow data for a big-valve (47/38mm) 75TS head I'm currently working on. This should be interesting, lots of potential there!
Y'all have a good time now!!
Jim K.
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

thanks for the up update JK. I suspect the book will be sold out before it hits the shelfs! :D
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

JimGreek wrote:All in good time, as its a difficult issue.
Btw, the 4cylinder book sold out and they're going to reprint. Asked if I have any changes/additions to make, I corrected a few typos, a porting number in the TS diagram, added Jarmo Kekarainen (Sweden) as a quick-rack supplier and -if I can have it ready in time- I'll add flow data for a big-valve (47/38mm) 75TS head I'm currently working on. This should be interesting, lots of potential there!
Y'all have a good time now!!
Jim K.
Whats the porting correction on the Twinspark diagrams? I only just bought the 4cyl book again because I gave my old copy away with my GTV....
1966 GTV
1982 Suzuki "Bathurst" Katana
1995 Cagiva Mito (race kitted 250 powered)
Fris75turbo
Gold
Gold

Post by Fris75turbo »

Hi Jim!

Do you have some news about your 1.8T project or you maybe prepare some additional data (about turbo engines) for reprint of the 4-cyl. book? 8)

Regards!
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Happy new year to everyone with health (first and foremost) and the intelligence and means to move up to a real car soon! :shock: :lol:
Ben, the mistake is in the bottom diagram, pp29, the number inside the guide should be 37, not 30.
If you port such a head it will become self-evident as it doesn't 'rhyme' with the rest of the enlarged dimensions. If I can make time, there will also be another drawing for the big-valve head. I hope to flowtest this week.
Fris, I have not written anything more re. the 1.8T. As for my car, I sent the turbine cast iron and the evo exhaust manifold to the UK for outside ceramic/thermal coating. I will be using the VF35 turbo (STi origin) which is good for up to 360hp (nore than I want) with very good spool characteristics. I haven't been able to find a map for the darn thing though; does anyone have or can find?? I also got 2 ecus and a pair of cams from Italy for it. The kit came with power graphs for 230hp and 37kg (267lbft) at 1.45bar (21psi)!! The engine will be completely rebuilt in a few months but I will install the ecu's maybe today, lets hope the old engine can take it... :roll:
Other than that, I'm waiting for a few items this week, a complete evo body kit with fiberglass hood, trunk lid and entire fiberglass fenders (not just the bulge) and a set of black Compomotive MO 8x15 wheels. All this stuff will go on the car after the engine is done and proves itself in the track! First the guts, then the looks! My goal is ~260-280hp for a daily driver. In truth, its not the evo nose I'm getting, I chose the UK Veloce nose which is exactly the same but gives a couple of centimeters more road clearance (daily driver on crappy roads).
Jim K.