81GTV6
Gold
Gold

Post by 81GTV6 »

CSC boys, for a 164 conversion should I buy the Milano or GTV6 headers?
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

I am n ot 100% on this, but I think they are the same, performatec has the same part number listed for both applications.
Steve R
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Steve R »

To 81GTV6 EB Spares also quote the same part for either car.

Mine has a 75/Milano enigne in a GTV6 - no problem !
Don
Silver
Silver

Post by Don »

Here's my dyno sheet from last night.
Attachments
scan0001.jpg
scan0001.jpg (182.06 KiB) Viewed 11433 times
AlfaTipo
Gold
Gold

Post by AlfaTipo »

Dave makes a great point with regard to the shift quality. Drivability is really key to enjoying these cars. A duff gearchange drains the fun. Fast.

I have a pretty good shift in one and a really crappy one in the other.

Getting the shift right and not crunching into 2nd is a worthy (if ephemeral) goal. Anyone done or driven a transaxle with lightened gears?
Jef
85 GTV6 'Gina G2' Shankle cams and headers Resting Serious rebuild in the future
85 GTV6 'Gina G3' Sold but missed.
www.motozane.com
nvenuto
Silver
Silver

RE:Headers

Post by nvenuto »

I've had some pretty decent luck with the csc's. I remember it was between the iap's and csc but I thinks I made a good choice. Has anyone delt with the iap's on their car? Let us know how they are. Also is that enzo posting with a picture of his evo style front bumper?? Please send more pictures. Thanks
Jarle
Gold
Gold

Post by Jarle »

I think the CSCs look great. My concern is the primary tubes that measure 35-36mm inside. On a stock engine the primary tubes should measure the same size as the exhaust valve. And on a race engine the tubes sholud be even bigger than the valves. STD exhaust valve on the 3,0 is 38,5mm.
I have done some calculations, and with my mods I need 40mm prim. tubes.

Jarle
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

There you go,
Does everyone now realize that CSC's (which I also have) are TOO SMALL? They only look good, just like the ANSAs before them on which they're based on. Still can't figure out, since its a recently produced item, why it wasn't made with the commonly available (in Europe) 42mm OD steel tube? The existing design dates back to around 1983 when ANSA tooled up for the gtv6 2,5 (without any vision apparently for improved performance). The 42mm size will definitely fit. And, finally, WHERE are the SPERRY large bore V6 headers, still advertised as 'coming soon' ? (Just...where are they coming from, the Crab Nebula on a barge?) If it ain't there, it ain't, its as simple as that!
Have a good one tonight guys and stay off the antifreeze!!!
Happy New Year to all!
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

JimK,

What about primary length and collector shape? Which of these factors (primary size, primary length and collector shape) should take precedence? Would a short primary header (42mm, 16" primaries) produce more top end power than something like the CSC?

Thanks,

Zamani
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Nice One Jim!

Post by junglejustice »

... - second that Sperry perpetual back-order parts list....

46mm exhausts on the 3.7... 3into one before the cross-member though and then 52 around the other side....

Those CSCs sure LOOK nice though! I love the tripple flat side-by-side look at the bottom! And yes, they are WAY to small for a big-bore.

I haev heard that they work well on the stock motors though...
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
81GTV6
Gold
Gold

Post by 81GTV6 »

How big are the IAP headers compared to CSC.

Also is Pace a header or jetcoating company? I have seen their names on a few exausts and was wondering what they have to offer.
Jacob Ricciotti

'81 GTV6 3.0
'81 GTV6 Track car
'91 164S daily driver
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Hi Zamani and a good 2005 morning it is.Let's hope the rest of the world gets back on its feet again.
On our subject, for the 3liter (or for a 500cc cylinder for that matter) you should not consider anything smaller than 39mm bore, which means about 42mm OD. The primary length is a function of rpm and exhaust valve opening (*BBDC). Theoretically, you can design your own system, but building it is a job for the very few who can. There's a series of calculations you have to do that give you all required lengths and sizes. As an example for tuning at 6krpm and exhaust valve opening at 65*BBDC (C&B S2 11mm cams), starting at the exhaust gasket on the head, you need 80cm to the 3-to-1 merging point. If you want different characteristics like 'rocking' the torque curve around the peak point you can change lengths and diameters, but you realize this is highly impractical. Anyway, this is about the size of it!
Best regards.
Jim K.
joey
Gold
Gold

Post by joey »

81GTV6 wrote:How big are the IAP headers compared to CSC.

Also is Pace a header or jetcoating company? I have seen their names on a few exausts and was wondering what they have to offer.

PACE is a tuning company here in victoria, AUS. They make all sorts of things for these cars, from upgraded torsion bars, to head-work and indeed headers.

no idea on specs tho.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

The only place which sells big bore headers is Beninca Motors. It is very expensive though.
nicke
Silver
Silver

Re: RE:Headers

Post by nicke »

nvenuto wrote:I've had some pretty decent luck with the csc's. I remember it was between the iap's and csc but I thinks I made a good choice. Has anyone delt with the iap's on their car? Let us know how they are. Also is that enzo posting with a picture of his evo style front bumper?? Please send more pictures. Thanks

The IAP headers SUCK... Got them on my street car, the fit is NOT good, no clearance for the starter... When I put them on I thought F-it I'm tired of this for today... 6 months later the starter was cooked... I still have the headers, made a custom heat-sheild... They sound good with an ANSA rear exhaust though... For my race car project I'm putting in the CSC's... Unless there's something better in about 4 months.