Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Yeah Mats, right!. The only thing that I backed up is the BOOK!!!(Thank God!). :cry:

Jim K.

PS: This is as good a site as any, to tell you guys what I did last Saturday: This rich guy here,has bought 1 (1970) GTAm, 1 GTA1600 and 1 race GTA1300 16V (!!!) for a total of 90K Euros. This last one they couldn't get started, so they gave me a call to see if I could help. Well, after I while of messing with the Spica and ignition timing,the 'thing' fired up! Holy s*#t, what a sound!! After a little warm up we were playing with the throttle slide and you could see the mist go in and out of the trumpets with the revs! What a sight and music! For those who don't know, these little 1300's made about 195hp at 9500rpm! I think only about 3 or 4 cars were made and the guy has a spare engine too! Autodelta had made less than 10 of these reportedly, but info on the subject is non-existent. What is really interesting about this particular car, is the weight, at....670kg!!! You will really laugh at how many holes are drilled all over the place,even the door strikers are drilled! Power/weight ratio anyone?...3,4kg/hp ,hahah!
Here we all are trying to get our 1200-1300kg pigs to go fast, and there's even some guy writing a book about it !! Hahah! Boy, I can only feel sorry for other historic racers here, if the owner decides to go racing with this thing!
That's my latest news, besides stuffing 46mm intake valves in a 3liter head and porting. I'll have flow data after Xmas. I haven't mentioned this, but the std 3liter head flow is pretty good (hell, I must leave something for the book too!).
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Hi guys,
Everything is ok with my laptop,so I'm...open for business,again.
Sorry for the trouble.
I have to correct one mistake in my post about the 16v GTA 1300, total price for the 3 cars the man bought is 270,000Euros not 90,000 as I wrote (3 years into the Euro money system and I still mess up, figuring prices in the old Drachma system we grew up with here!).
Jim K.
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

So, computer crashes aside...

Anyone has an Alfa transaxle LSD knowledgable contact within Quaife they want to share?

Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)