Terry Johnston
Gold
Gold

Ansa Perfomance Center Exhaust

Post by Terry Johnston »

Has anyone out there tried the Ansa Perfomance Center Exhaust that eliminates the middle resonator and is used with either the stock tailpipe are the ansa product? Curious if the result is just a louder exhaust or there are noticable perfomance improvements. Terry
Terry
Norway
Silver
Silver

Post by Norway »

Hello..

I have the CSC Center Exhaust (see photo)Its works great and give a great sound :D Here is where i bought it: http://www.ebspares.com/

Don
Silver
Silver

Post by Don »

Funny, take out the extensions for the headers and the yellow sticker and I'd swear that that's the same photo that IAP has for the Ansa center section. Hmmmm. Ansa making them for CSC or CSC making them for Ansa?
Norway
Silver
Silver

Post by Norway »

I think this is a csc product..you can get the csc center section in 3 different sizes...Look at this page:

http://www.alfetta-gt.de/ADhome1/club/a ... uff-6.html
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

I believe that CSC bought the tools from Ansa. Thats what I've neen told anyway.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Norway
Silver
Silver

Post by Norway »

what tools?Do ansa have the center section in different sizes?and with extensions?
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Tools/drawings whatever...
They have some kind of special tool for making branch manifolds for instance.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
MerrilGordon
Gold
Gold

Post by MerrilGordon »

So Norway (or anyone),

Was the CSC center exhaust substantially louder ?

I need to replace my center exhaust as it's worn out. I'm pretty sure I'd simply like the stock type as the fitment is good, but called IAP and they didn't have any and were having problems getting them in.

Any other suggested sources for the middle muffler ?
If the Ansa or CSC wasn't any louder I might consider it. I am also concerned about ground clearence past the aft structural support.

Thanks,
Merril
82 GTV6 3.0
Norway
Silver
Silver

Post by Norway »

Hello....

on my car it didnt get any louder,thats becouse i have the csc rear silencer to..and that is realy silent!!The ground clerance got even better on my car...thats maby just becouse i got new rubber rings.
I have frends that couldnt use it becouse it got to mutch sound(music) :).But thats just with stebro rear silencer.

So...just go for it :)
MerrilGordon
Gold
Gold

Post by MerrilGordon »

Thanks Norway,
I've got an Ansa exhaust on the rear and although I like my GTV6 to sound good, I don't like it loud so I am concerned about extra noise. Maybe I'll search around for another source for the original type center section, if I can't find one, then I'll likely go with the straight through type like the CSC.
Merril
82 GTV6 3.0
John in Denver
Silver
Silver

Post by John in Denver »

:?: I might be wrong but on my 83 the 'middle muffler' is actually the catalytic converter. It would be a good idea to check beofre replacing (removing) unless you have a 'special preparation' session before going to see the emissions man.
JoeCab
Silver
Silver

Post by JoeCab »

MerrilGordon wrote:Maybe I'll search around for another source for the original type center section
I think we have one or two left in stock at Centerline, and more on the way.

Joe
MerrilGordon
Gold
Gold

Post by MerrilGordon »

Thanks JoeCab,

I feel most comfortable with the stock setup. Cross state drives get quite old for me when the exhaust drones on and on. Or maybe it's just me getting too old ;-)

I'll place an order Monday.

Merril
82 GTV6 3.0
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Maybe you guys should look into exhaust valves. Look at the new BMWs, specifically the E36 328i or E46 330i. Look at the muffler and you will see that one of the 2 tailpipes has a small valve which open and closes depending on some triggering event (vacuum, throttle angle, etc). But you can configure a similar setup so that it partially closes at low throttle angles (cruising).

On the web, do a search for exhaust cutout valve .

Be creative guys.
Dr. Alban