SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

It seems as though the RS Racing kit is probably the best way to a variable handling 116/62 chassis. It is definitely on my list of "to buy things".

I'm getting sick of driving around in 2nd and 3rd gears on the street- I wanna race too! I can probably start with a few things here and there over the next few years, in an attempt to get my car to a point where it would be competitive in the Alfa Challenge class.

I think if I did the following, I could end up with something decent... any tips?

RS Racing kit, with Pace Knuckle risers for front roll centre.
Pace 30mm Torsion Bars

What do you guys recommend with Sway bars? Or does Ron's kit come with them?

Slicks on my 16x7.5" rims

Cage....

Yeah, and my 260 odd HP 2.5.

Now what areas did you all take weight out of, and who did you get your Fglass bumpers and panels off.... time to formulate a plan!!!
Fixing it bit by bit....
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Slicks? no experience...
Probably might be a good idea to start building a baffled sump though. :wink:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

The ron simmons suspension set up includes the front sway bars and is 30mm. I intend on getting this set up for my GTV6 in the new year. :D
monster 134
Silver
Silver

Post by monster 134 »

With a little cheating 240 crank horses and about 9k rpm a na 2litre is quite possible.I have a 16-valve lampredi lying in my garage.Up the compression get a set of 300 deg cams-get an alfa 155q4 tappet cover and nobody would be the wiser.Damn-the italians did 240hp in 1974 with these motors-Fiat 131 abarth. :D :D :D

Another interesting thing is what dave from www.124turbo.com was saying about bore and stroke compared to rpm.They got limited on a 2litre at 800hp at 9800 rpm=but could go to 13000rpm using a 1.6 and wait for this.....940hp.Same boost-just more revs.Go check it out.Details r of the top of my head-but its all on his site.Interesting stuff concerning titanium rods and the like..........
Its not how fast you drive-but how you drive fast.....