Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Barry,

How much? Will I need to port the heads? How big are those anyway (ID) ?

Thanks,

Zamani
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Barry,

Come on, why would Mike be pissed? It's so difficult to get Alfa parts from a tuner, unlike Honduhs....can get parts from any silly magazines.

If you make the effort Mike should be more than happy for you to post your offerings. Besides you have nice legs :D
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Barry;

Post by junglejustice »

Can you send 10 sets of the intake runners to me please?

The number to order these from is...?
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Any way...

Post by junglejustice »

Ol' Barry got a bit ahead of himself there, but any way, yes, these are available - 400 USD for a set of 6 runners and 250 for the matching enlarged 50mm Milano/75 style intake plenum.
Some more shots below...
Attachments
IMG_0746.JPG
IMG_0746.JPG (75.31 KiB) Viewed 12525 times
IMG_0747.JPG
IMG_0747.JPG (64.84 KiB) Viewed 12526 times
IMG_0748.JPG
IMG_0748.JPG (72.55 KiB) Viewed 12526 times
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

The 6 ITB setup runs right at 2500 USD including the intake plenum as seen on Jes and my engines here or for about the same price one can have the 6 ITBs with the 50mm bored-out Milano/GTV6 intake plenum and 6 runners as posted before....
Attachments
IMG_0757.JPG
IMG_0757.JPG (105.13 KiB) Viewed 14114 times
IMG_0755.JPG
IMG_0755.JPG (108.86 KiB) Viewed 12518 times
IMG_0752.JPG
IMG_0752.JPG (110.37 KiB) Viewed 12520 times
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Side By Side...

Post by junglejustice »

Like they belong together...

Dawie also has a similar setup for 4 cyl. Alfa motors that's justv sweeet... We're bringing a set in for Group2's Giulia Vintage racer...
Attachments
IMG_0753.JPG
IMG_0753.JPG (88.69 KiB) Viewed 14103 times
IMG_0758.JPG
IMG_0758.JPG (127.09 KiB) Viewed 12509 times
IMG_0749.JPG
IMG_0749.JPG (119.17 KiB) Viewed 12514 times
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Guys,

"Houston,we have a problem" Unbeknown to me ,Dawie de Villiers had set Jungle justice in the USA up as distributor for the t/bodies etc that have been developed.
I recievd an e-mail from an irate Junglejustice regarding this and I can sympathyse with the man.The market for such items is so small that all and sundry will be the loser in the long run.Unfortunately you will now pay US prices for the items.

I therefor will not be suplying anybody with any of these items and you will have to direct your enquiries to Jungle justice.

I will continue making my specials and put them up on my new site.This will be active shortly.

Barry
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Jar-well-no-fine...

Post by junglejustice »

- More irate about looking stupid than anything else....

Dawie DID ask me to represent him and his various products here on the different Alfa forums and this was part of the issue with Andrew before over on the bb... (When Andrew poked at me on the BB about "just posting Dawie's contact info and letting people deal direct with Dawie, I saw this coming...)

Truth is; Dawie wants to stay focused on building engines etc. He gets interrupted a great deal, so he wants me to handle marketing for him on the various forums... He doesn't do email (even though he has one) and he just wants me to spread info.

Sorry to air this here, but better now than some bigger embarrassment in the future when this becomes more involved...

I maintain that I am NOT making a business out of this - not enough time and not enough cars/customers in this segment. (I own a damn hair salon, remember...? And no, I am not one of "those" and no, I don't cut hair and OK stop already with the jokes about hair under the chair....

As far as prices and you all "now paying USD..." - The prices are the prices; they ARE Dawie's prices!!! Dawie prices requests and I RELAY te prices!!!

I am merely helping Dawie out because he REALLY is a super nice guy and he has done much for Jes and me on our motors. I have done so much research on it, I have pictures, I am IN the States and as Vice President now of the Northwest Alfa Club I am real involved with the upcoming convention etc etc. Dawie just feels comfortable with it that way.

Again, my number is 425.941.4747 or email me at john@reginaceleste.com with any further questions...

Sorry Barry, no hard feelings boet! We'll have a Castle and plenty Klipdrift and Coke together at New Year's - I'll be there.

Cheers, JvR
Steve R
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Steve R »

OK, I understand where to buy them from now & how much !

Have to say I'd very much like a set of the 12v inlet runners & matching plenum. On an unported 3.0 12v head I'm guessing the entrance to the head inlet will need opening out to match the inlet runner, or would this mate OK with the stock head ?

I ask because not having a dissassembled one to look at right now, I'm imagining there would be a big "step" in the wrong direction where the inlet and head mate ?
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Head Port Matching;

Post by junglejustice »

They will actually fit OK, but some matching is advisable and this can be done with the heads still on the car - JUST BE REAL CAREFUL!!!

You can put thick paper or even clay between the runner and a respective port and press HARD! You can also use ink to show the match areas. Now you can see how much and where you have to take meat away...

Then you take 6 rags and dip them in oil. Shove them down in each hole nice and deep and packed in THICK! Next you cover the rags and the remainder of each hole with grease.

Port away!

When you are done, remove the grease with your finger. Wipe it all out REAL good! Next, take some petrol and a clean rag and wipe the ports out... Then pull the oil rags out and use petrol rags again to wipe clean DO NOT SPLASH OR RINSE... Wipe out with clean parts of clean rags...

Naturally the BEST way to do this is to remove those heads.

Its nice on the 24 valve because you have that adapter plate that can be removed, bolted to the runner, ported on that side, unbolted, the adapter plate bolted to the head and the other side matched using the method described above....
Steve R
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Steve R »

Good description! Better with the heads off though I agree !

Now the way the £->$ exchange rate is going currently this is starting to make more sense ..... :D
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Well...

Post by junglejustice »

It kind o stinks for the US right now as the dollar is so weak that you "only" get 5.7 for your SA Rand versus say 1991 when I got almost 10-11 and at one stage almost 12 SA Rands for my 1 US Dollar...

It's still VERY attractive! A similar 3.7 from the UK in GBP would run almost double!
AlfaTipo
Gold
Gold

Post by AlfaTipo »

Barry,

I had a Guillietta back in the UK. It was a 1983 1600cc model with Del'ortos. Always thought it needed more oomph, especially with an overdrive 5th. What do you have under the hood on that car?
Jef
85 GTV6 'Gina G2' Shankle cams and headers Resting Serious rebuild in the future
85 GTV6 'Gina G3' Sold but missed.
www.motozane.com
Guy
Silver
Silver

Post by Guy »

Hey there all, took me a while to find the new site.

I just came back on saturday from sailing at the vaal. Anyway we parked next to a red 156 at the vaal 1-stop. I was having a look at it and thinking to myself that it just didn't seem totally standard. Eventually I spotted the praggia calipers and big discs on the front. The owner noticed me having a look and it turns out he was just running in a 3.7 from Dawie doing a trip to the coast. Only had a short chat to him and I didn't have a camera on me or else I would have taken a few pics. He was talking about getting the throttle body setup done next.
He said its running 10.8:1 compression. I bet he's gonna have some fun at sea level.

Cheers
Guy
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Sounds like he has a big tyre account... :D

But I don't understand you comment about compression, you mean it's too high for sea level?
10.8 isn't very high but it all comes down to the cams...
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!