Verde

Post by Jim K »

Yes it does Z.
Jim K.
matt
Platinum
Platinum

Post by matt »

Excellent can't wait to read them! :D 6 more weeks......
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

I'm also planning on building a V6 around that book, I already built a 1.6 around your book Jim, running great, it's waiting for some high compression pistons I got a while ago, so far it's under the bonnet of my Giulietta
tectoteam
Gold
Gold

Post by tectoteam »

JimGreek wrote:Yes it does Z.
Jim K.
you already sold one... 8)
the mine,...

:wink:
2 stroke addict
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

There seems to be some confusion here regarding book release times. The 4cylinder book is going on sale next month (thats my info so far). The 6cylinder book is still being written as I am building the 12v engine now (24v is ready). My estimate is I will have both engines (12+24v) run-in and dynoed in a couple of months at best. The book will of course follow after that, as thats when the editor gets all the material, my guess is another couple of months at least! So, for the 6cyl book we're probably looking sometime in August - this is only my guess.
Jim K.
fortom
Gold
Gold

Post by fortom »

Roll on August, can't wait. :D

Tom
pancho
Gold
Gold

Post by pancho »

so jim, what can we expect to see as far as the 24v build goes ? specs , expected power outputs etc ?
PanchoRama

From the great master Del Compo "so, wat you wan doin?"

High Five. Sexy Time. You Lose
Jim K
Verde
Verde

Post by Jim K »

Everything will be there to enable building a proper high-perf. motor. As far as power expected I have ideas but I don't want to 'count chickens before they hatch' especially with this bird flu going around :roll: . There will be dyno runs of the two engines I'm building, 12+24v. The 12v is being built to a higher std than the 24v one, but both are expected to be streetable. Now passing emissions....in which country? Depends on limits, but I'm also thinking to run them both through a good smog test when in the dyno. Keep in mind that modern ROAD 3liter engines (BMW sedans) are routinely putting out from the factory 87hp/liter...very tough act to follow! Quoting power figures is one thing, SPECIFIC smog-legal power is where the balls are!
Jim K.