grega
Gold
Gold

hard time filling up at the pump

Post by grega »

hello lads,

when filling up my gtv 6 w/ gas at the pump. I have to go really slow, or it sets off the pump to stop. Any ideas why? I'm tryin to find a fuel supply system techincal drawing but all i can find is the one for the 75 and for a gtv6 for australia. Anyone have the north american version?
Greg Aiello
jol
Silver
Silver

Re: hard time filling up at the pump

Post by jol »

grega wrote:hello lads,

when filling up my gtv 6 w/ gas at the pump. I have to go really slow, or it sets off the pump to stop. Any ideas why? I'm tryin to find a fuel supply system techincal drawing but all i can find is the one for the 75 and for a gtv6 for australia. Anyone have the north american version?
Greg Aiello
Dont shove it all the way down
The milano very sold, some day some other Alfa...
grega
Gold
Gold

Post by grega »

the only way it will work is if i just slightly insert the pump into the filler neck. And even then I have to go very slow. I should add that i did change the filler neck rubber connector hose. I just used a 2" hose and stretched one side to fit the large side. I don't think that would cause my problem would it? I recall the original part had some sort of bulge inbetween the larger and smaller size hose.
Does the gtv6 have a breather hose or anything else that i should check?

Greg
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

If it is like the milano, there should be a length of fuel hose that goes from the top of the tank to the filler neck, for some reason these are sometime routed under the filler neck, it should be routed above the neck, this should help on fuel fill up.
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

If it is like the milano, there should be a length of fuel hose that goes from the top of the tank to the filler neck, for some reason these are sometime routed under the filler neck, it should be routed above the neck, this should help on fuel fill up.