alfaalan
Silver
Silver

BOSCH FUEL INJECTION

Post by alfaalan »

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
ALAN[/img]
ALAN
Sporttunergtv6
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Sporttunergtv6 »

when you pull the plugs and crank the motor, does it spark? probably a silly question for someone who chaneged his own t belt. :wink:
victor
Last edited by Sporttunergtv6 on Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

if its been stood without running for 15 years, im surprised it rus at all, leaded and unleaded fuel rots after a few years left stagnant, its possible the spray nozzles on the injectors are corroded or gummed up. try taking the injectors out, suspending them each in a plastic bottle, and crank over, see if you get a spray pattern.
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

My eye`s still hurt..............
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
alfaalan
Silver
Silver

Post by alfaalan »

Sporttunergtv6 wrote:when you pull the plugs and crank the motor, does it spark? probably a silly question for someone who chaneged his own t belt. :wink:
victor

HI
YES I HAVE A SPARK BUT JUST NO FUEL TO THREE CYLINDERS THING IS THE CAM BELT WAS EASIER THAN I THOUGHT HAVING NEVER DONE A BELT BEFORE BUT DIAGNOSING THIS PROBLEM IS DIFFICULT
THANKS
ALAN
ALAN
alfaalan
Silver
Silver

Post by alfaalan »

mjr wrote:if its been stood without running for 15 years, im surprised it rus at all, leaded and unleaded fuel rots after a few years left stagnant, its possible the spray nozzles on the injectors are corroded or gummed up. try taking the injectors out, suspending them each in a plastic bottle, and crank over, see if you get a spray pattern.
HI
THANKS FOR YOUR REPLY DO YOU KNOW IF YOU REMOVE THE INJECTORS SEPARATELY OR ARE THEY ATTACHED TO THE FUEL PIPE
ALAN
ALAN
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

take all six out at once but keep them attached to the fuel rail(have to remove intake)...each comes out with two small bolts removed(plug intake holes so you don't drop aNYTHING IN THEM)...also check fuel pressure

Also check that spark leads are in correct order...spark and timing go hand in hand

also ..check compression

also...double check cam timing and timing belt tension
alfaalan
Silver
Silver

Post by alfaalan »

THANKS I WILL HAVE GO AT THAT
ALAN
ALAN