heavypoet
Silver
Silver

rats attack a GTV6!

Post by heavypoet »

I have a GTV6 2.5 with air conditioning, which the rats have eaten many of the motor cables. Among them, several of which are located next to the wiper motor. and some of which are located between the headlights and wiper tank.

Is there any way to get these cables or wiring diagram to tell me the colors of each wire and the part to which they connect?

Thank you all for your help and sorry if my English is not understood.
Typhoon90
Gold
Gold

Re: rats attack a GTV6!

Post by Typhoon90 »

Your best bet might be to contact a motor wrecker and buy a complete engine bay harness.
If you lay the new harness out over the engine bay, you'll see where it all has to go, then you plug the big plug in at the firewall and slowly lead the wiring where it needs to go, following the old harness already in the car.

Regards, Andrew.
xrad
Verde
Verde

Post by xrad »

older model 82-84? owner's manual comes with wiring diagrams. Usually 25-35$ on ebay.

Cardisc also helps
heavypoet
Silver
Silver

Post by heavypoet »

Hi again!

I brought some pictures

http://picasaweb.google.com/110986585258511831209/GTV#

Is it safe to cut the length of wire eaten by rats and replaced by a normal power cable?

I have another question about changing the timing belt. The gears on the camshafts are marks for alignment, but in my case, these marks do not match. when one is completely vertical, the other is tilted towards the outside. Can there be any problem if I keep this position with the new belt?

Greetings!
Alessandro
Silver
Silver

Post by Alessandro »

Are you 180deg out?

Do another full engine rotation until the "P" mark lines up on the crank pulley pin - remove the distributor cap and check that the rotor aligns with the mark on the distributor body at cylinder no1 lead.

Also if you remove the tappet covers there are marks on the cam shafts... ensure that both align.

For stroboscopic timing, align to the "F" mark at +- 7 deg btdc. Then rev your engine to about 5000rpm and check that the "M" mark aligns....
heavypoet
Silver
Silver

Post by heavypoet »

hello again!

I have a problem with several wires ..

The air conditioning pump out a red wire that connects to a sensor that goes in the tank for air conditioning. Along with the red wire connects to the tank a black wire that is cut.

Wiper connector appears black wire is also cut off.

In a connection box above the wiper comes a green wire, which is next to him, a black wire with a spade connector. This cable is also cut off.

Finally, this junction box is connected white wire is also cut off. Do you know where it goes?

Do you have any idea how to connect these black wires?

SDC10475.JPG
SDC10475.JPG (103.8 KiB) Viewed 6362 times
SDC10478.JPG
SDC10478.JPG (74.49 KiB) Viewed 6363 times
xrad
Verde
Verde

Post by xrad »

That wiring is partof safety system so that when AC fluid/gas is low, system shuts off to save pump.

If I were you, I would really concentrate on getting the mechanicals corrected (timing belt replaced and tensioned correctly). CHECK OIL LEVEL...then main engine wiring/fuel pump, injectors, starter..etc..and then worry about accessories. Get the engine running first. Check the trans...

This way you know you have something to work with.

and, More than likely, your ac gas has already leaked out....
heavypoet
Silver
Silver

Post by heavypoet »

I've been sanding and painting the radiator, fans, etc. I have replaced some pipes that had been cracked and except these wires since they are all repaired.

Yesterday I cleaned the tank, refuel and I put the battery.

By giving the contact, the starter turned, but I was alarmed that no fuel come out the ramp injection (which I have disconnected from the side of return)

Remove the fuel pump and was completely struck by broken gas. Now I'm adapting one of a bmw m3 (228-222 VDO-005-001Z) which gives 3.5 Bar, the original Bosh was between 2.7 and 3 bar. I hope not to have to change injectors ...

Oil is the minimum level has not dropped over 7 years, but has obtained a brownish color.

I'm surprised because has dropped the brake fluid (and clutch) and the gearbox has so many oil spots. I hope not to have to change the clutch bowler.
MR2 Zig
Verde
Verde

Post by MR2 Zig »

When you have a car sitting that long you will need to refresh ALL fluids. engine oil , gear oil, clutch and brake fluid, coolant....its all gone bad by now.

I'd expect brake and clutch hydraulic hoses to have gone bad as well. Fuel lines too. Any vacum or vapor lines, if they leak will give frustrating running problems, so replace them all.

On these cars electrical grounds are a BIG problem. There are injector grounds to the rocker cover on the right side of the engine, a intake plenum to rocker cover ground strap on the left of the engine, a big ground from the engine to the body at the front left of the engine, and in the battery box from the battery to the body. You would do well to remove each one and clean the contact surfaces before re-attaching.

Oil leaks are a bit misleading....just a few drops on the floor can look like a really big leak. A car marking its spot as you park it in various locations probably does have a sizeable leak.

Check Greg Gordon's site here http://www.hiperformancestore.com/Ljetronic.htm
He has a very good write up on the injection system.

hth,
MR1 Zig (I made rate!)
Machinery Repairman USNR