BotswanaAlfa
Gold
Gold

parking lights and indicator come on when braking

Post by BotswanaAlfa »

i noticed something when i parked my cr in the garage last night, when i brake i saw that the garage wall became illuminated! i also noticed that the indicators also lit up. could this be due to a bad ground?
Also i have only one brake light that comes on under braking and only one front headlight both high and low beam, any idea what would cause this? i need to crush these problems before i get the car road worthy.
'83 GTV6 stock with Wildcat exhaust system
BotswanaAlfa
Gold
Gold

Re: parking lights and indicator come on when braking

Post by BotswanaAlfa »

also on a side note the speedometer comes on intermittently and shuts off a few clutch movements later (i think theres a correlation).
:shock:
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Man whatever you boys a drinking down there is debilitating stuff !! Were you actually legless while taking these extra terrestrial observations?? !! :D :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

You could do worse than address EVERY ground connection you got.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Check your speedo wires ( not an MD budgie smuggler ) are not shorting against exhaust pipe :D . Its common ( at Byron Bay :D )
Then go through all earth connections . If it happens when headlights are on check the wires in back of headlights are still clipped on and not shorting . Also common .
You also have earth wires under right side of dash on a pillar and then both left and right front side of engine bay . Corrosion on these 5mm bolts does occur .
BotswanaAlfa
Gold
Gold

Post by BotswanaAlfa »

@MD
Yeah we have this real monster called Chibuku shake shake, you leave it to ferment a week, it gets you really going hey!
no i noticed that my parking lights came on under braking so after that i had a friend walk around the car while i braked and he saw the rest. is pretty interesting.

@Kevin
im unfamiliar with all the locations of the grounds on this car (apparently theres a lot?) where approcimately should i look?
the headlight wires are all in and fine. ill definately check that speedo cable then its very irritating!