GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Sanden AC Compressor Oil Amount?

Post by GregoryV »

I was installing a Milanos AC compressor into my GTV6 and dumping the York - as per the technical article on this site "AC modifications". I got the setup from APE and I'm ready to put it in but had a particular question - and was hoping someone can help.

In the article the author mentions changing out the old mineral oil with some fresh stuff. I see the drain/fill hole on the side of the compressor but which way should the compressor be orientated so that you know it is filled properly?

Or should I just measure what drains out and put the same amount back in?

Also, would an autoparts store carry the mineral oil - and is it a specific type?

Has anyone else done this? If so your insight would be a help.

Thanks!!

Gregory
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

Gregory are you going to be getting the system charged at an AC.shop ?If so, they usually take care of putting in the oil when the refrigerant gas is installed.The type of oil is a function of the type of gas used.
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Agree with Murray. Would add that the oil is also dependent on the make/nature of the compressor and may void your warranty of a new one if the incorrect oil is used. Check with the manufacturer/supplier for the recommeded oil for you compressor before getting it filled and the system gassed.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
GregoryV
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GregoryV »

Makes sense - yes, an AC shop is going to finish the job up so I will leave it to them. Thanks for the feedback :D

GV