Are you interested in buying a tank (for $120)?

Yes
73%
No
28%

Total votes: 40

SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

SimonB,

If they won't, I will, don't mind helping out a fellow Alfa owner with this.

Looks like we have 10 ready to order, what do we do now?
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

Thanks for the comments everyone - I have emailed Canton back to let them know that we have at least 6, but maybe 10 people interested in this buy-group!
I'll let you know what they say.
Michael
1981 GTV6
jema
Silver
Silver

Post by jema »

Count me in at $120!!!

Please put some pics here...
/Mattias A
FLETCH
Silver
Silver

Post by FLETCH »

i may be interested if i can get one sent over here to OZ for not too much!!
Barry
Verde
Verde

Post by Barry »

Good idea ,Mike

Im sure we can muster up a few Sarf Efrikens who would be keen.From the response you should re-negotiate the price??

Barry
Attachments
WATER BOTTLE (1).JPG
WATER BOTTLE (1).JPG (152.77 KiB) Viewed 12667 times
French cars are shit and shit expensive to service and bloody awful and unreliable and expensive and friends don't let friends drive french cars and you wait years for parts.
4SFED4
Gold
Gold

Post by 4SFED4 »

Barry,

I am familiar with water injection and it's effect on increased power... not so familiar with your water ejection system... please inform... (lol)

-Brian
jema
Silver
Silver

Post by jema »

I'm in even if it costs $150! Micheal, you will have to fix with transport to sweden! 8)

So don't count me twice, I said that I was in on $120, but I changed my mind, and I'm in on $150 if I have to! :D

Please tell us how's it going! :?: :!:

/Mattias
Attachments
I will get this view better looking!
I will get this view better looking!
520.jpg (120.16 KiB) Viewed 12635 times
/Mattias A
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

[b]Guys - please call Canton & pay.[/b]

Post by Michael »

Good news - Canton said that they can build 6 tanks for US$120 each.

Everyone who wants in on this group-buy, please call Canton Racing Products at 203-481-9460 as soon as possible. Their website is at http://cmfilters.com/ and I'm sure gtv6 owners outside N. America should be able to arrange shipping with them, maybe via email?

I'm calling them tomorrow to give them my c.card details its going to be great to have a solid tank!!! :)

Cheers,
Michael
Michael
1981 GTV6
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Can't we talk them into building more, I am placing an order today for 3 of them, but I don't want to screw anyone else out of one, especially if they need one worse than the three of us (East Atlanta Alfa V6 Club).
Scott in MN
Silver
Silver

Post by Scott in MN »

I just called and ordered one.

Don't worry about the six number. They'll make as many as needed. He did say that if they get a bunch more they could lower the price some more. So get those orders in!

I was number 5
Last edited by Scott in MN on Wed Dec 22, 2004 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Well, I think we are up to 9 being ordered so far, from what he said, delievery will be in January, but here are some more details from what I was told.

These are going to be more angular than stock, but will mount in the same locations with brackets, it will hold slightly more than a stock can, it will have some sort of sight glass on it, and will have brass fittings for the hoses.

He also mentioned a cheaper price if a few more got ordered, also when they start making them, they will send a pic to this website, so something to look forward to!
Michael
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Michael »

I just paid too - lets post here as the orders are placed so we can see how many are currently on order.

Cheers,
Michael
1981 GTV6
SimonB
Gold
Gold

Post by SimonB »

My orders just gone in too! So 1 tank for me!
Fiorano
Silver
Silver

Post by Fiorano »

Hello all-
i am one of the guys at Canton-
i had a hand in designing the tank actually (the ultimate shape and look is constrained by Cost) I would have like it to have billet hose ends and even a curvier shape but, it is Aluminum sheet,
No I only recieved 6 total orders- keep it up it is very good!
the tank will take a standard pressure cap- 16psi or whatever the GTV6 uses.
I will get pictures. and as i have spoken with a few of you fellas over the phone, little by little, we are on Xmas break until monday- so nothing for a while.
however....
i have also noticed the website has not been updated (i had uploaded the prototypes and some other goodies to the webmaster)
any questions can be directed to me via PM, or my personal Email- and i will address it more quickly than the office.
i will visit here often and i recently stuffed my spider TODAY!!!! into some black ice into the off ramp!!!!!!!!!!!
rats rats rats
the cursing is beyond what you may know.
spider with hard top any one?
(i tore the motor mounts and the shock towers mounts)
the battle between Sir Lancelot, and Sir Lancenotenoughreally, was short lived and decidedly one sided.
Fiorano
Silver
Silver

Post by Fiorano »

i am still hoping to drop the price as you understand it is a cost vs. labor thing,
i understand the stock replacements go for about 35 -80 dollars US- for more plastic?!
yikes...
the battle between Sir Lancelot, and Sir Lancenotenoughreally, was short lived and decidedly one sided.