junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

Ended up getting the two combo radiator/oil heat exchanger units directly from AFCO (Part number 80131FN (for Ford GT350) already has the right inlet/outlet orientations, overall size etc....

Comes with 1/2" female pipe fittings for the oil in-let and out-lets and Canton supplies me with the AN-type adaptors to work with their remote oil filter setups...

Speaking of Canton, we bought expansion tanks # 80-200 for the cooling setups as the engines appear to sit above the radiators.

We are also getting their Accusump remote pressure feed bottles, braided hoses, remote filter hangers and filters mounted to the fender-walls, adaptor sandwich plates for the oil extraction and return as well as the in-car bottle valves etc etc...

Pretty cool - the tank has an oil-pressure "shock" in it that adapts to the oil pressure of your engine. It keeps the pressure constant - even when cornering, although our custom sumps have baffles built-in to them...

Also, you shut the bottle valve down on your cool-down lap and it captures oil at the correct pressure and retains it for months and months and months... When you go to start up again for the next session, or the next day or for the next month, you first release the valve and oil under the correct pressure is pushed up through the entire engine, pre-lubing it...

Now you can safely fire it up, without the dreaded start-up lube-issues...
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
Andrew.b
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Andrew.b »

Any pic's??
Andrew b
junglejustice
Verde
Verde

Post by junglejustice »

I'll post when they come in on Tuesday... In fact, Jes will be here again for a "build-weekend" next Wednesday and we will take and post...
...to Alfa, or not to Alfa? That is the question...
ar4me
Verde
Verde

Post by ar4me »

Some pics of radiator set-up and canton stuff are on the 3.7 thread on AlfaBB:
http://www.alfabb.com/bb/forums/showthr ... 081&page=1
(a bit wasteful to double post everything, so please look there)

Jes
87 Milano Verde - daily driver - Juliet
87 Milano 3.0 Motronic - budget race car - Roxanne
87 Milano 3.7 24v - race car
(Repeat or do as I say at your own risk - be critical)