Lucio
Gold
Gold

1981 GTV6 without A/C

Post by Lucio »

Dear friends,
this is my very first post to this forum so pls be kind with me :wink:
Some of you may remind my old posts on Alfa Digest.
I also manage a website devoted to the Alfa 33 (http://riemann.unica.it/~lucio/alfa/).

After an Alfa 33 1.7 16V and a Fiat Coupé Turbo 20V (220 bhp) I'm about to buy a 1981 GTV6 2.5, in mint conditions.
Since it comes without A/C I'm in the process of installing a new one. I've already read everything about this topic but I still have two questions:

1) Is a complete kit still available (e-mailed Afra, waiting for a reply)
2) By any chance, will a Milano/75 kit fit in the GTV6? I know the compressor can be replaced but I wonder if the whole system can be somehow adapted.
3) If I understand well, there's not much work to do in the dashboard, can anyone confirm this?

Thanks and happy motoring 8)
Lucio
Italy
SimonB
Gold
Gold

Post by SimonB »

Good luck Lucio, keep us all posted on this, I will also do the conversion if I can get the parts and its not too hard/expensive to fit. With air-con these cars will be perfect in summer as well as winter! Next time I go to Le Mans I want air-con.
¡Si me gusta conducir, es porque conduzco un Alfa!

'84 GTV6 UK spec back on the road after 4 years!
05 Corolla daily driver
Lucio
Gold
Gold

Post by Lucio »

SimonB wrote:Good luck Lucio, keep us all posted on this, I will also do the conversion if I can get the parts and its not too hard/expensive to fit. With air-con these cars will be perfect in summer as well as winter! Next time I go to Le Mans I want air-con.
Uh, seems like I've found one, S/H, complete, from a dismantled GTV6. The owner doesn't know how much to ask for it and is unsure whether it is complete or not.

Keeping fingers crossed,
Lucio
Lucio
Gold
Gold

Post by Lucio »

Lucio wrote: Uh, seems like I've found one, S/H, complete, from a dismantled GTV6. The owner doesn't know how much to ask for it and is unsure whether it is complete or not.
Keeping fingers crossed,
Lucio
Just a quick update: bought the A/C system, complete with hoses, cables and schemes. Paid 600 Euro.

Lucio