killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Radiator size dimensions?

Post by killaz »

Did you upgraded your system or you are running standard radiator? Specially interested in 3.0 24v.. It's time to change mine and I saw that radiator from AR164 24v is bigger than mine in 75 America... :|

Thanks for help!
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Re: Radiator size dimensions?

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

75 2.4 TD rad is the biggest one you'll find for the 75.

But remember the 164 is also a heavier car and that would put more heat in the engine ( it has to work harder in the 164).

I wouldn't worry about it unless the fan kicks in everytime...
Drive it like you stole it...
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

Yeah, I saw that TD has 6 cm wider rad than one in TS/V6 so I guess it's not such extreme improvement. Better to save some penny for coilovers. :)
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Is the 164 TD rad even bigger than the 24V? If yes, fit that. Although I live in a warmer climate and the 75 2.4 TD rad is more than adequate and installing it is probably easier.
Dr. Alban
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

Don't know about 164TD, I was just comparing radiators from 75 TD to 75 V6. New one came (V6 size) and core looks quite different comparing to original.
killaz
Platinum
Platinum

Post by killaz »

Just to resume things and bring some conclusion... I bought replacement cooler for Alfa 75 3.0 12v. First impression is that this thing is way much lighter than original part (new cooler with fan mounted on weighs like dry old radiator).

Things are being cooled much faster, when fan kicks in he blows for much shorter time than it used to. Everything fits perfectly - no mods required. Thing is signed by "International radiators" and comes with two year warranty - good enough for me. :lol:

I'll see how it performs in summer, but no doubt - I believe it will be better. Price was 80 euro's.

Some pictures..

Image Image Image
yetyGTA
Silver
Silver

Post by yetyGTA »

If anyone interested. Custom made aluminium radiators for GTV are available on ebay. Shipped from France. Very reasonable price in my opinion. Just ordered one.

https://www.ebay.de/itm/Alfa-romeo-Alfe ... 1438.l2649

iachella
Silver
Silver

Post by iachella »

I know this is an old thread, but did anyone measure the horizontal dimension of this aluminum radiator? The reason I ask is that the Alfetta 4Cl radiator seems a little narrower at the bottom than on the top. Is the GTV6 that way too, or is it a perfect rectangle like this aluminum radiator? I'm wondering it it will fit in the Alfetta GT.

Thanks,
Stefano, Concord CA
74 GTV, 79 Alfetta GT
iachella [at] gmail [dot] com