SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

Hopefully it will work, but the next time you have the radiator out, it would be a good idea to take it to a shop to have it rodded, or at least pull the fan swtich out and look for any blockage in the passages at the bottom of the radiator.

Good luck!
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Marco!!! Here is some free advice: I would recommend that you pull the affected head as soon as!! I'm having super majors with mine. The heads are seized on that goddamn solid that I've had to get a machine shop to bore out the studs to get the heads off. I believe this is due to a leak in the head gasket. The coolant has got round the stud and caused electrofusion between the stud and the head. Get it fixed as soon as. Dont risk the cheap fix. As I am finding now, it is an expensive exercise indeed. Tim.
mcandiago
Gold
Gold

Post by mcandiago »

Tim!

I read your nightmare in the other topic section!!
I'm planning to do just that. I can't bloody well get to it as soon as I would like because with 4 kids under 5 you can't do a damn thing that takes more than half a day with out getting a divorce.

I just hope I won't be to late.

Thanks for the advice.

Good luck!

Marco
Marco
1985 Alfa 90
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Thanks. Same for you.
iachella
Silver
Silver

Post by iachella »

Does anyone know if water leaking into the engine and white smoke comming out of the exhaust will affect the California smog test? It previously passed fine. This is in a 4 cl. Spica 116 car.

I need a smog in the next few weeks, but won't have a chance to get to any kind of repair. Cracked head is what I probably have.

Thanks,
Stefano, Concord CA
74 GTV, 79 Alfetta GT
iachella [at] gmail [dot] com