MerrilGordon
Gold
Gold

Input Shaft Affect Speedo Reading ?

Post by MerrilGordon »

Does the input shaft in the transaxle differ over the model years in regards to speedo readings? Is this were the sensor picks up the signal ?

My intention is to install a Milano Verde transaxle but with the earlier GTV6 trans housing in an effort to avoid speedometer compatibility problems as well as having to clearance the seat well if the isostatic linkage was used.

Thanks for your help everyone,
Merril
82 GTV6 3.0
Daniel
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Daniel »

The speedo is "driven" (gear or pulse) by the output shaft.
If your GTV6 had a gear driven pulse setup (veglia?) then it won't interchange with the Milano/75 pulse setup (Jaeger?). You'll have to adapt it using a pulse modifier - there are a few threads covering these.
If you want to keep the old simple shift linkage (I did), you just swap the input selector shafts over. No need to swap the casings etc.
I think (but not absolutely sure) that the isostatic will fit with no body mods, I just didn't want all of the extra parts that wear and add slop to the change.
tectoteam
Gold
Gold

Post by tectoteam »

Daniel wrote:I just didn't want all of the extra parts that wear and add slop to the change.
:D ALL RIGHT

i'm 100% with you.

how much time we hear :
-non isostatic fitting is slow ..? just pull the stick faster...
-non isostatic fitting not precise in my old gtv... just rebuild you gearbox and check mounts !

i'm running an old fitting, and with everything working fine, is fast precise smooth and 100% effective, as much as an f1 box (~) 8)
2 stroke addict
Daniel
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Daniel »

I've done a few things to make mine shift better.
http://alfagtv6.com/bb/viewtopic.php?t= ... cb97a4255b
I moved the shifter mount up so the pivot point would be higher.
I pressed the pivot ball up the stick so the bush at the bottom of the stick ended up back in the oroginal position.
I replaced that bush.
Then the big one is, warm up the gearbox before you try flying shifts. Once the oil in the box is warm, I can shift as fast as I want with no problems. Admittedly, I have good synchros.
MerrilGordon
Gold
Gold

Post by MerrilGordon »

Thanks for the input guys. I'll swap the input selector and leave it at that.
I'm familiar with the speedo work-arounds so will employ a fix for that as well.
Merril
82 GTV6 3.0