AlfaBeta
Silver
Silver

clutch front cover bearing removal

Post by AlfaBeta »

Hi gang,

I'm in the middle of rebuilding the clutch and I figured while I'm waiting for the flywheel / pressureplate to be resurfaced I would clean the rest of it up really good. The front cover has two bearings with a spacer in the middle. Behind the inner bearing there seems to ba a spacer and two "split rings". Does anyone know how to remove these rings to get the bearings out? Since there is a groove cut in them I'm assuming you just rotate them out like a nut? Just wanted to be sure before I screwed anything up.

thanks again
AlfaBeta
AlfaBeta
Silver
Silver

Post by AlfaBeta »

Hi gang,

Just as an update. I went ahead with the front bearing assembly removal yesterday. In case anyone ever needs to do this don't worry it was very easy. The setup is just how I thought, behind the rear bearing in the front cover are two split rings that are threaded onto the cover. Just loosen each with a hammer/punch and remove. You can then tap both bearings and center spacer out from the top of the cover. Note, the spacer has a tapered end that needs to be reassembled towards the front bearing. There is a rubber oring that is also within the housing by the front bearing.

AB
x-rad
Verde
Verde

Post by x-rad »

pics are always good to post