Tamariini
Silver
Silver

V6 and TS gearbox

Post by Tamariini »

I'm switching 2.0TS engine to 3.0 V6 in my milano. Job is almost done but i wan't to use my TS transaxle because it's rebuilt only few months ago. secondly i don't have V6 transaxle and they are really rare here.

question is can i use yoke taken from V6 transaxle in my TS gearbox without changing the axle that connects on rear flywheel?

If i can, then i may use TS gearbox with V6 driveshaft?
- Alfa 75 3.0 V6 Turbo +300kw -
- Alfa 159 2.2 JTS Berlina -
- Alfa GT 1.9JTDm 16v -
- Alfa GTV6 3.0 V6 24v -
TS_turbo
Gold
Gold

Post by TS_turbo »

you can't use v6 half shaft on TS box v6's are bigger with bigger bolts and inner hubs are with larger dia splines .. for yoke may be changing it only, between V6 and TS boxes is no problem :D
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

Hi Tamariini,

I have put a TS box in my GTV6 3.0L and I ahd to swap the rear sharts for the ones from a GTV6 box, really easy, strait swap. Dont forget to use gasket sealant!

Good luck.

Paul UK :twisted:
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

You have a 75TS with a 3.0 in it?

You can use the TS gearbox and clutch('good TS clutch can handle v6 power). You will have to either change the tripod(??) on the front side iof the gearbox to one of a v6 gearbox or just use the back half of a TS shaft coupled to the front half of a v6 shaft.

the problem is in the different sized donuts for the v6 and TS.

v6 will accelerate real well with TS gearbox.. :P
Drive it like you stole it...
Tamariini
Silver
Silver

Post by Tamariini »

Giuliettaevo2 wrote:You have a 75TS with a 3.0 in it?

You can use the TS gearbox and clutch('good TS clutch can handle v6 power). You will have to either change the tripod(??) on the front side iof the gearbox
I have 3.0 in a TS chassis too. megasquirted 3.0 V6 with single Garrett GT3076RS. So TS clutch will not handle the power in my case :twisted:
Last edited by Tamariini on Fri Feb 08, 2008 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Alfa 75 3.0 V6 Turbo +300kw -
- Alfa 159 2.2 JTS Berlina -
- Alfa GT 1.9JTDm 16v -
- Alfa GTV6 3.0 V6 24v -
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

Yes I have a 3.0L engine, gas flowed, fast road cams, TS gearbox with 3.0L clutch. I changed the gear linkage shaft for the one in my GTV6 box and had a short shoft set up made for the gear linkage.

Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

that's gonna hurt the clutch... :oops:

What have you done to the engine? would love to see some pictures...

I'm building a 33 SportWagon with a Giulietta floorpan and a 3.0 from a 164. I have a Sei front mount gearbox and diff waiting to go in. For the engine i have a turbo laying around from a Supra which i plan to use on a stock 164 3.0 engine. just bigger injectors and Megasquirt. everything is done 'el cheapo'... :P
Drive it like you stole it...
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

The car has been a project for over 2 years as the parts I have bought have been expensive.
The engine has been partialy rebuilt, new big and small end bearings, gas flowed heads, fast road cams, new belt tensioner,head gaskets, new water pump,cone filter,CSC exhaust system, TS gearbox, Ron Simmons suspention complete kit, SZ de dion ball joint, ploy bushes every where.
All other components shot blasted and powder coated, new ball joints and wheel bearings.
Rebuilt rad and fans, new lights and front grill, Zender front bumper. The list is endless.
As soon as I have some pics I will post them here.

Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Post by Paul Bird »

Forgot my Momo GT2 7 x 17 inch wheels.