mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

so I finally got around to pulling the transaxle front mounts and rear donut As suspected the old mounts were definately 75/milano mounts. they were in good condition, as was the rear donut, but decided to replace the rear donut anyway. the extra few mm on the 75 mounts was pushing the gearbox up into the snubber too!

new mounts went in rear and front (75 mounts, base plates removed) examined centre bearing, front donut , all great. marked everything up (even though I dont believe the nut and bolt myth, all bolts in mine are all the same).

Anyway put it all back together, left front pinch bolt undone and started her up ran for a few minutes, allowed to warm up, then revved a few times still jacked. Huge difference straight away, she revs right the way to red line smooth as silk. One weird thing though, vibration at 1200 rpm, nothing at 1000rpm, and yet dissapers at 1300 and smooth all the way to red line. :?: :?: weird!! anyone else had that? Im stumped, pretty odd that the correct mounts and new rear donut have eliminated vibration through out the rev range apart from 1200rpm? front donut and centre bearings/donut were perfect. hopefully wont even notice it whilst driving it, not at 1200rpm very long..ever :roll:

Anyway, goes to show the extra few mm on the forward mounts can cause vibration on the gtv6
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Well didn't know where to put this, but since it's continuation of tranny height store here it goes...

Despite lower mounts, rear guibo did hit the floorpan :? I guess this was the "vibration" at high speeds (190-200km/h) As you can see I'm missing the rubber part of the bump stop. I've made a new one. Now with rubber tip, it protrudes 3cm above the floorpan. Is it enough, or should i add let's say one cm more?
Attachments
DSC00729.JPG
DSC00729.JPG (46.04 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
DSC00733.JPG
DSC00733.JPG (25.76 KiB) Viewed 2372 times
mjr
Platinum
Platinum

Post by mjr »

something not right there :shock: , rear guibo should never hit the floorpan at any speed or acceleration, maybe your missing snubber was allowing it too ride up too far, but the front box mounts shouldn't allow that much movement. the tranny shouldn't be touching the snubber for any more than a moment under hard acceleration anyway. the gap between top of tranny and snubber on my car, after correct front mounts is no more than a 2mm static. are you sure you have the correct rear guibo installed, and gtv6 mounts, rather than Milano/75 mounts? post a picture of the whole rear guibo and tranny spider area if you can, lets have a look.
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Post by PietereQ »

Mjr, mind you those damage was caused with those tiny alfetta mounts. So far the car is still on jacks, and I havent put the new gearbox (failed to find a TS tranny, but got a 75 2,5 - no lsd but at least the same final ratio). Noticed that snubber can be easily adjusted from inside of the car, so no problem. We'll see once everything's hooked up...