GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Transaxle mount - rear...

Post by GTV27 »

...I mean the one above the diff - can this be changed on the car, or is it a gearbox out job. :?:

Mine has about 10mm of sag, which I doubt is a good thing and may be contributing to the axle tramp on savage launches (that's launches, not lunches) :wall:
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Re: Transaxle mount - rear...

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

as a quick fix you can fill it up with windshield glue ( the black stuff they glue windows in cars with). this will make it stiffer and keep it together. You can then always replace the bushing later.

But i believe the bush can be pulled out with the gearbox lowered. maybe heating the alu mountingpoint would help to, the alu will expand more as the metal from the bushing.

Good luck with it!
Drive it like you stole it...
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

Jason,

I have a tool that pulls this bushing out which I am happy to lend to you and explain how to use it. Just organise a replacement part in anticipation and send me a PM. Can be done in the car.

Cheers, MD
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
GTV27
Platinum
Platinum

Post by GTV27 »

:D MD you are a deadset legend :D
Jason
1983 GTV6 2.8 litre
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

you're right.

modest too. :D
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
slyalfa
Gold
Gold

Post by slyalfa »

I have done it. I used some big sockets and some threaded rod
had one socket just a tiny bit smaller then the outside of the bush and one big one that the bush can slide into. lowered the box some put big socket on one side and the smaller on the other put the threaded rod and then a washer on each end and a nut on each end. tightened and the small socket pushed the old bush into the big socket.
then undo it remove the old bush then use the same thing to press in the new one.

This works on most things. except the back motor mount that has the bar glued in. I had to use 2 threaded rods on that one and no sockets..
1987 black Milano Verde
1972 White spider 2000 Veloce