lucagtv6
Silver
Silver

T.S gearbox into GTV6

Post by lucagtv6 »

Just wondering whether anyone can make my life a little easier? I've recently purchased a Twin Spark gearbox to fit into my 85 gtv6, and I'm wanting to know what changes do I need to make to it to make it fit.
For example I'm aware that I need to replace the rear drive flanges to suit the GTV6's drive shafts, but there are a few things that I am a little unsure about like for instance. Which clutch do I use? 2.0 or the V6 clutch. Do I need to swap the selector shaft so I can use the original shifter and not the isostatic? I really don't want to cut holes in the floor, I'm sure that there may be other changes that need to be made, if anyone would be able to shed some light. THANX
Paul Bird
Gold
Gold

Re: T.S gearbox into GTV6

Post by Paul Bird »

Hi, I have a ts box in my 84 gtv6, I used a 3.0l single plate clutch,I also swaped the selector shaft for the original gtv6 one. You also need to change the clutch slave cylinder for the gtvt6 one. You will also need to use the ts electrics for the speedo sensor. I cant think of anything else, if I do I will let you know.

Paul UK
PietereQ
Platinum
Platinum

Re: T.S gearbox into GTV6

Post by PietereQ »

Hey Luca,
This thread may be somewhat useful for you:
viewtopic.php?f=9&t=3167