heavypoet
Silver
Silver

broken clutch disc

Post by heavypoet »

Dear fellow forum:

As you know, my alfa gtv6 has a dual clutch gearbox, with the common problem that the first disc, closest to the pressure plate, touches far more than the second.

Such has been this erosion, which once spent all asbestos, has spent a metallic circle, and the plates that hold the brake lining on the inner side of the disc have been cut.

So I'm looking for the first clutch disc of this system (with reference sachs 1861.607.401) or a disc with similar plates to repair the mine (disc is 190mm in diameter, the plates are 0'7mm and club has a 20mm diameter, 20mm long and 19 teeth).

If the clutch disk 75, despite being a top diameter, must be of similar plates, I also would be worth.
iachella
Silver
Silver

Re: broken clutch disc

Post by iachella »

Where are you located? I just acquired one disc that was advertised as for Alfetta and it arrived today and is 190mm wide. My Alfetta is 215mm wide. The hole and the splines seem to be the same - 7/8" hole (22mm) and 19 splines. I've been searching high and low for the reason and I think I've determined it is from the dual disc GTV6. I only bought one.

Since the diameter is close to 7.5" I was thinking maybe to someday make the flywheel into a Tilton 7.5" pressure plate adapted and use this disc. It is pretty light, like 1.55 lbs (700g). Maybe there is not enough meat for a single disc though.

I can post a picture and take other measurements if you would like.

I am in California.
Stefano, Concord CA
74 GTV, 79 Alfetta GT
iachella [at] gmail [dot] com