DP
Silver
Silver

Transaxle assembly

Post by DP »

Hello all;

This may have been covered in previous discussions but my short perusal and lack of patience turned up nothing.

What does one use to seal the transaxle cases together?

Any help would be great.
Thanks,
Don P.

don@dpapa.com
Thanks,
Don P.
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

Don I used Permatex "blue" .Make sure all surfaces are surgically clean.
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

I used Hondabond, worked well.
DP
Silver
Silver

thanks!

Post by DP »

Hondabond sounds more serious... I'll have a look for that.

Thanks guys.
Thanks,
Don P.
Scott in MN
Silver
Silver

Post by Scott in MN »

Hi Don,
Long time since I've seen your name. I've had the GTV6 going all summer as my daily driver.

When I redid the syncros in my old Milano I used some type of non hardening joining compound. I can't remember the name but it was the typical stuff bought at the local stores. Worked fine and never had a leak.

Did you instal new syncros?
DP
Silver
Silver

done...

Post by DP »

Hi Scott,

I ran into Phill at the Wheels of Italy show a couple weeks ago. My how time flies!

I used a "Hondabond 4" and just did it last night. I hope it works well. 5 new syncros and flipped a sleeve. The outside is nice and clean too. Now the motor....

I'm planning on doing some cams from Vick Auto in TX. Anyone used these before? Heads neeed to be machined to allow for larger lobes.

Let's have coffee sometime Scott - summer is almost over! Did you sell your Norton? I have a mine and a Guzzi now so we could go for a ride too...

Ciao,
Don
Thanks,
Don P.
Scott in MN
Silver
Silver

Post by Scott in MN »

Don,
Sorry to say that the Norton has been gone now for 2 years. I miss it sometimes, but realize I still don't have time for it.

Totally missed Wheels of Italy and Wheels and Wings this year. I am worthless and weak.
SamW
Platinum
Platinum

Post by SamW »

That's the stuff, I used it on my trans and DaveH's tran, plus all sorts of other places, I was missing a gasket for a petcock on a motorcycle fuel tank, used the Hondabond and it has held for 4 years, all my trusted mechanic friends use the stuff.
DP
Silver
Silver

Post by DP »

That IS good news. I have a leaking petcock on my Guzzi! Thanks man!

Scott, you are not weak. We share the same issues. I haven't a clue when my Alfa will be done... But at least the transaxle will be fresh. Waiting on two bearings from IAP Rear axle stub shaft bearings. Vick and IAP are both out of CV boots... so the hunt continues. Well Scott, if you need a Norton fix, let me know. I usually get up very early on weekends to get garage time. She needs to get ridden more often. Probably has about 75 miles this summer.

We have a very unfortunate new law in Minnesota. If one is pulled over going over 100mph, license is gone for 6 month - no questions asked! That sucks since my commute is 50 miles each way @#%@#@ Good thing I'm going to have a Verde cruiser GTV6 when I'm finished @#$%@#%@#$.
Thanks,
Don P.