Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Race wheels (no 19" Chrome spinnazzzz pleaze....)

Post by Zamani »

16 X 7.5" Kosei K1 ET 30 15 lbs $200 drilled to 5 X 98mm and 58.5mm centerbore. Very good price to performance ratio. But for serious race cars, you can do way better than 15 lbs. I think serious racers should look at sub 12 lbs wheels. Especially if you are looking at 15 X 7 wheels.
Reale
Gold
Gold

Wheels

Post by Reale »

Agreed, there have been some recent additions to available alloy wheels that are priced very competitively. I started with Team Dynamics Diablo wheels, but have recently gone with their Pro Race 1 line. They are 12lbs in 15x7. There are newer wheels from other manufacturers that are lighter, though. Does anybody have info about pricing? I have found that the 5x98 pattern has been no big issue with the larger companies, they can drill them to whatever pattern you want.
Al Mitchell
Reale Motorsports
#82 E Production
Alfa Romeo GTV6
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

OZ Racing has some serious light wheels, the only problem is that they don't make them wide enough in 15". 7" works for 205 wide tires but once you go wider you need something wider to put them on. The old Superleggera was 4.9Kg in 7x15, that's light. :D Think they were sub 7Kg in 17" too, narrow though. :?
My old OZ wheels on my GTV are seriously light, first time I lifted one off it took me a while to grasp that I actually had taken the wheel off with just one hand without thinking about it, it was soo light! I'm told they are magnesium but I have my doubts.
I have a set of revolution wheels (RFX) in 7x15, they weigh 8.5Kg bare. :shock: I guess they will be fine for a wet set. Painted them white just for fun.

I'm hoping the rumoured light series of the Compomotive MO is available, looking to get some for next year. The current Rally versions are 8.5Kg in 8x15 and that is just too much. :evil:
Last edited by Mats on Sat Apr 15, 2006 4:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
75 GTA
Gold
Gold

Post by 75 GTA »

I´m using 156 Lusso wheels 6,5x15 and some 205/50 on it.

I don´t know how much they wheigth...maybe someone with ePER could see that for me.
75 TS Road specs
75 TS Gr N
146 TS
Reale
Gold
Gold

Wheels

Post by Reale »

Any ideas about the cost of these, too?
Al Mitchell
Reale Motorsports
#82 E Production
Alfa Romeo GTV6
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

I think the Superleggera (or Ultraleggera as the new name seems to be) is a really light and good rim. Price is rather OK as well.

BBS are always a good option but rather pricey.

For anybody with a decent budget the Billet rims from image are light and strong too I guess. 7.5x16 7 kg! Available in any bolt pattern and off set.
http://www.imagewheels.co.uk/pages/techincal_info.html

I have one set of 6x14" magnesium rims which weigh 4.7 kg but do not fit the brakes anymore.

My new 7.5x16 are 7.3 kg and cost me new €50 each (have 8 pcs 16" and 4 17")