Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
Peab
Silver
Silver

Post by Peab »

There are people selling EDIS trigger wheels of different sizes from time to time on ebay.

I think mounting depends on your crank pulley. On the Euro 2.5L pulley, i think the easiest would be to mount it on the outside, as it has a fairly flat face, with good space for bolting a wheel on with screws. On my engine, a 2.5 that came from a 75, the pulley looks different. It is bigger, with "slots" for belts i guess originally for power steering, and A/C. On this pulley a front mounting doesn't look as easy. I was planning to put the wheel behind the pulley, but then the generator belt was pushed out a few millimeter, so i abandoned this setup. I guess the best would be to get the EDIS wheel pressed on to the outside diameter of the pulley. But that would require some machining. I havn't done it yet, so i can't help you with pictures.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

If you have a 75 ts pulley, why not press the std trigger wheel off and press an EDIS one on in the std position?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Peab
Silver
Silver

Post by Peab »

Alfa Romeo and Ford should really have foreseen this issue when they designed their systems, and agreed on a standard wheel diameter and press fit tolerances once and for all :D

(but i am not so lucky; my EDIS wheel doesn't fit on the 75 hub)
enzo
Platinum
Platinum

Post by enzo »

may be one of these? www.trigger-wheels.com
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Why not just make a 36-1 wheel that fits the 75?
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
P.Webb
Gold
Gold

Post by P.Webb »

Mats is correct. The path of least resistance is to have a machine shop make a wheel that will fit the pulley. It needs to be 34 equal spaces and 1 double space.

Don't forget to follow the directions EXACTLY when fitting the pulley. The missing tooth is 60 deg after the sensor at TDC. You can put the missing tooth and sensor anywhere you want on the pulley/engine so long as you have the proper number of teeth (6) between the sensor and gap at TDC.

60 deg applies to V6 engines. Check the MegaManual for 4, 8 and 12 applications.

Clever those Ford engineers. 36 teeth, 360 degrees.

-Peter