Related to the Bowling & Grippo Fuel Injection system.
kevin o
Silver
Silver

MSII v3 flyback question

Post by kevin o »

The MS documentation seems to suggest that any more than 4 low-z injectors require the add-on flyback circuit - but I thought v3 incorporated that circuit already.

Anyone using v3 with no additional flyback - good/bad results?

Thanks,
Kevin Oliver
Kevin Oliver
84 GTV6 E Production race car
www.tuoracing.com
Murray
Verde
Verde

Post by Murray »

Kevin I've been running V3.0 with its integrated flyback on my GTV6 low Z injectors for about a year now.All is well.No need for any additional circuits.
1986-GTV6
1989-75 Twinspark very sadly sold-remarkable sedan !
2014 Audi Q5 3.0l TDI - torque MONSTER
kevin o
Silver
Silver

Post by kevin o »

Murray -

Thanks very much for the quick response. We are going to finally try to fire up tomorrow. The first time I missed a ground and fried a diode in the power section - we fixed that and are having a go at it again.

Kevin
Kevin Oliver
www.tuoracing.com
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

So I take it that this applies to my build also? Standard 2.5 setup. Do these have low impedence injectors?

Thanx Tim.
kevin o
Silver
Silver

MSII v3 flyback question

Post by kevin o »

Yes - they are low Z injectors....will work with your std 2.5 setup.

Kevin
Kevin Oliver
www.tuoracing.com
tImBoWe
Gold
Gold

Post by tImBoWe »

Hey cheerz for that. Sorry for all the Qs. :oops: Learnt alot so far.,
P.Webb
Gold
Gold

Post by P.Webb »

Yes, flyback is integrated into MSII. I ran my MS-I with 6 low impedence injectors with no flyback board for quite some time. My Spider did not fair so well with 4 low impedence injectors. I fried 2 sets of output transistors. You will find with an ohm meter that the V6 injectors are about 3.2 ohms and the Spider injectors are 1.3ohms.

If you're not running MS-I don't worry about it. Measure the resistance across your injectors to make sure. You might be able to get by without. High inpedence barb type injectors are hard to come by and expensive compared to the o-ring type. You can make a new fuel rail easy enough. Some careful heating and bending of an extruded rail can mimic the stock rail. You will need a 13.5mm drill bit to make the o-ring seal. The bits are available from MSD for some ridiculous amount of money. $85 last time I checked. However that investment will allow for a wider range of injectors at reasonable prices.

-Peter
zambon
Verde
Verde

Post by zambon »

I didnt realize that you can run o ring injectors into standard milano/gtv6 intake runners. Am I understanding this correctly?