Alfa Romeo ONLY please!
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

TS planned, yes. But I went and bought an apartment as you know... :?
Plenty of cash is running through my fingers now trying to get some nice furniture and such. :cry:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Mats wrote:TS planned, yes. But I went and bought an apartment as you know... :?
Plenty of cash is running through my fingers now trying to get some nice furniture and such. :cry:
I understand you, I just moved into an apartement too, cash flow is going into it and out of the alfa budget sadly.... :cry:
Maurizio
Verde
Verde

Post by Maurizio »

Mats wrote:TS planned, yes. But I went and bought an apartment as you know... :?
hmmm, same song here, the house blues..... Still nice that you're able to race!

I'm really starting to get strange side affects, not being able to drive on the ring :wink:
Banned.. ? ;-) Daily donky.. ==> BMW 325d Image
E36M3 (3.0) Ringtool :twisted: ==> definitely BANNED!

AR 75 TS Ringtool '90, AR Spider 2000 veloce '79
matfo
Silver
Silver

Post by matfo »

Mats wrote:This is race one, pretty much an error free drive up through the field had som e problems to overtake Mats Forsséns 24v GTV6 but after that it was a suprisingly smooth drive. I'm quite happy as I pass the line in second place as you can see. :)

Link to Google Video

Feel free to comment.
I'll take that as a compliment :roll:
However you got really nice videos and a great speed at the track Mats!
Hopefully I will be featured in the coming videos from Mantorp also. :wink:
Mats Forssén
75 TS
159 1750Tbi SW
http://www.matforacing.se
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Need some new rubber, otherwise there will be no video at all. :shock:
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
gtwheee
Silver
Silver

Post by gtwheee »

Mats wrote:And here they are, highish resolution versions. Much better then Google Video anyway. :)

Race 1 [52Mb]

Race 2 [51Mb]
great videos, thanks for sharing them 8)
matfo
Silver
Silver

Post by matfo »

In the middle of "off season" I finally got my onboard videos from the final races of the season uploaded.

Qualifying lap

Race 1

Race 2

A big cheers to Mats for borrowing me both the clamp for the camera and the extra rear mirror (which I didn´t manage to align as well as I hoped). Before Race 1 he also provided me with a suitable bolt that I needed to repair the exhaust after my "curb incident" you can witness in the qualifying video.

I recommend every one that are driving on race circuits to put a camera in the car. You learn a lot by watching the movies afterwards. It's a bit frustrating to see your own mistakes and the inconsistency in braking, turning in and so on but on the other hand you also see where there's time to save. :oops:
Mats Forssén
75 TS
159 1750Tbi SW
http://www.matforacing.se
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

The start or race two had me sitting on the edge of my couch. Serious stuff out there. What engine was in the greenish colouerd GTV that spun in front of you. You can see power of your 24v over the other cars on the back straight. If you were running the long circuit it would suit your car better, or was that the long circuit . I thought it had a much longer straight after the left hand sweep behind the start area.
Great driving though and nice control on the understeer through the sweep.
Mats and Mats, never thought of using a second mirror. Does it make it easier. Always using the side ones.
Good stuff. Look forward to more videos.
Alfettish
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Alfettish »

kevin wrote:The start or race two had me sitting on the edge of my couch. Serious stuff out there. What engine was in the greenish colouerd GTV that spun in front of you. You can see power of your 24v over the other cars on the back straight. If you were running the long circuit it would suit your car better, or was that the long circuit . I thought it had a much longer straight after the left hand sweep behind the start area.
Great driving though and nice control on the understeer through the sweep.
Mats and Mats, never thought of using a second mirror. Does it make it easier. Always using the side ones.
Good stuff. Look forward to more videos.
I just thought the second mirror was so that you and I could see what was behind the car through the camera lens.
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Wow, stock 24V power. Revs very nicely.

What does the black 75 with the big wing have in it? I suspect it's a 75 Turbo. Can't be a TS, unless a seriously modified one. But those 4-cyl Alfas are sure quick around the corners.

Great drive!
Dr. Alban
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Mats: no problems, see you in a few weeks. Beerbust at the moontower! :)

The second mirror is for the camera, yes. Makes it easier to se just why the h3ll you drive the way you do. Before I had that mirror everybody gave me "advice" on how to drive a faster lap but they had never raced themself and hence never battled for positions and didn't understand the concept of the defensive line... 8)

The black 75 is a turbo. More updates are in the works as we speak, had a chat with him yesterday.

The green GTV is a Nord 2.0, tuned and reworked gearbox, straight cut 3-4-5 IIRC.

For all the race video lovers I have a little Gem in the pipeline. We actually had 11 cameras for this race in various cars and in some corners, I'm in the final stages of editing now and there will be a DVD-iso DL available after that. also lower resolution web versions but the DVD will be first to "hit the market" (even though it will be 100% free of charge).
I can promise you very cool footage and a shedload of action! :twisted:
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Zamani
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Zamani »

Matfo,

What brakes do you have? Seems like just race pads with stock everything else. I was watching your race with the red 75 TS with (race 1). I know the V6 can't out corner the TS, so at the very least we can try to out brake them :D , then shut the door. They don't have much of a chance of the straights. Although more mods could mean you get bumped into a more competitive class.

OK well my Time Trial is this weekend at Willow Springs. First time out with my Porsche brakes (same as Mike Harris' kit).
Dr. Alban
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

There is no red 75 TS, there is a red 3.0 12v though..
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
Micke
Verde
Verde

Post by Micke »

HUH! :shock: :roll: :shock:
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Micke wrote:HUH! :shock: :roll: :shock:
True, I'm a big fat liar (BFL)!

There is a 75 TS, red, #15. #66 however is a 3.0. :oops:
Mats Strandberg
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!