xrad
Verde
Verde

LSD?

Post by xrad »

I did a burnout in my driveway today and it left two heavy 6 foot burnout stripes, one for each rear wheel...

1) Is this normal for a non-lsd? I do not know what is in the car but it has the newer iso linkage.

2) found out why my 2.5 is such a strong engine with a somewhat lumpy idle around 800rpm..it has 164s cams.
ghnl
Silver
Silver

Re: LSD?

Post by ghnl »

Try it with one tire in sand, grass, or wet leaves. If both spin under those circumstances then it seems likely you've got a LSD.
Eric Russell
Mebane, NC USA
Greg Gordon
Verde
Verde

Post by Greg Gordon »

The non LSD GTV6s and Milanos do tend to leave two burnout stripes. It does seem strange, but I think it has something to do with the DeDion suspension keeping both wheels equally flat. I notice the advantage of LSD more when cornering. You could try what ghnl suggested, but with only a 25% LSD, it may still be hard to tell.

Greg
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

Try a donut... if the inside wheel doesn't produce any wheelspin and you can only make large circles you don't have an lsd. :wink:
Drive it like you stole it...
xrad
Verde
Verde

Post by xrad »

!
Last edited by xrad on Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xrad
Verde
Verde

Post by xrad »

Thanks uys!

this was on icy driveway then on to clear concrete, in straight line..

Unfortunately, car is now in my storage place while I work on the new red alfetta!
Typhoon90
Gold
Gold

Post by Typhoon90 »

I notice LSD's most at work on a slippery surface (hoists) but just barely applying enough power to get a wheel to lose traction. If you get right on the point of losing traction, you will definitely feel and hear an LSD start clutching in and out. Dumping the clutch won't always show anything.
I've had plenty of open diffs that would light up both rear tyres in the right conditions, just have to shock the rear suspension hard enough.

Regards, Andrew.