Deonne3
Silver
Silver

Re: ENGINE REBUILD Q FOR BARRY / KEVIN

Post by Deonne3 »

kevin wrote:Deonne, just take bearing caps off to do inspection if motor is still good. Personally no need to go go overboard then. Skip ballancing if it was a good runner as all these motors weretechnically balanced as they were asssembled away from the factory in Booyesens. Who ever skims the heads tell them just a clean as every idiot around goes and take to much off and there are no spare heads around for these carbi cars.
Thanks Kevin, will do, I dont want to be doing this again for a long time, the bottom end must be able to go at least another 27 years ! I can feel a trackday or two coming up in future, as much or more fun than riding the Tuono Factory around ' heh heh heh !
JohnGTA
Silver
Silver

Re: ENGINE REBUILD Q FOR BARRY / KEVIN

Post by JohnGTA »

Deonne,
When you contact RSR in Germany ask for John Moffet, then get a quote for a similar set-up to what I have. KONI locally can supply the Sport Adjustable Shocks for about R4800.00 including fitting.
220bhp is achievable at the coast but call Dawie De Villiers(Glenwood Motors) he has some Group One type airboxes available which will increase the airflow to the carbs & be a real help, worth 10hp on the move, easy.
Get a set of Group One cams from Dawie, the really wild ones with 304degree inlet & 312 degree exhaust duration, compression at 10:1 from the stock 9.3:1(pistons are available) & you will need 10:1 & big cams/big valve heads as well to get to the 220bhp mark. This is the set up that I had before going to 3.5L.Made 144wkW or 195whp which was around 230bhp at the motor, give or take 5bhp up or down.
For 250bhp you need to go 3.3L or 3.5L, not that expensive if you are doing a full rebuild, the big advantage is a massive gain in torque, so speak to Dawie first & then decide. You can contact him on 082 900 1926.
Ciao & Good Luck
85' 3L GTV6(White) number 197off 212, 3.5L
83' 3L GTV6 (Red) number 46 off 212
03' 156GTA(Red)3.7L Turbo
06' 147GTA(Blue)3.8L+6XITB's