It seems all is corrupted from iPad how weird
Search this on YouTube it gives an idea how high you can rev a 24v motor
Alfa_Romeo_156_coloni@zwartkops
Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Re: Post some vids boys!!

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

But that's not a regular Alfa engine, is it? :?
Drive it like you stole it...
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I don't think it's normal inside but the belts and pulleys are all standard .
Can you post this link up .
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

This looks like a SR2/SR3 class sportsracer chassis with a 156 silhouette. But the engine is probably more powerful than a SR2/SR3. 9-10K rpm? Doesn't seem to rev as hard as the 155 V6 Ti. Wasn't this built for some BelCar cup many years ago?

Do these guys fly the cars from BeNeLux to SA and then fly them back? Seriously loaded folks. You see guys with transporters and their GT3s/430s and you say to yourself wow! Then you see these folks flying cars in, super WOW!!!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

These guys are in the big league . This particular chap brought the coloni, the IMSA 75, corvette , AND Schumachers original benetton F1 , then he brought Jan lammers to help out with some driving . What a nice guy Harmen is . The price tag 9yrs ago on the Coloni was over 600 000 pounds :shock:
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Fixing it bit by bit....
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Heres a vid filming with a Go Pro camera. Trying to get the sound quality right has been hard. I've had suggestions of putting duct tape, or even foam over the mic to help to help clear the wind noise and improve the sound quality. Being able to mount the camera in so many positions is great. I did a drive with the camera outside of the car, but the wind noise was terrible and i couldn't hear the car. So i'm trying to find the right position, casing, etc to get the right sound. The clip i've posted is with a casing that isnt up to the task. Next time i try i'll give foam over the mic a go and a different casing.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AUcVU9qY0M

I had to go get some fuel so i went for a quick spin with some tape over the microphone, i can hear the engine more. But theres so much noise in the background.
Driving at night, only one headlight for i need to replace a globe, so it looks like i'm driving with no lights on, but i could see fine with one light. Will try foam next and hopefully that works even better.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tapckuc ... e=youtu.be

Video shown is with foam over the mic. Really bad audio quality on this camera.
Hope this helps anyone who was thinking of buying one. Will be using my camcorder from now on. Gave her a bit in 3rd and just squeezed it to 5th. Was hoping to hear the 3rd gear scream, but nope.
http://youtu.be/Fy0jNwuLyag

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Ecu and injectors, lightened.....plays music.
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Just noticed this 147GTA which is from Sydney. 400bhp from only 8psi.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pm9m1MlhrvE

http://www.pureperformancemotorsport.com/cars.php?id=31

Selling 1985 GTV6.

SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Young guy built it for himself- it's very neat
Fixing it bit by bit....
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

I met the guy from PPM (pure performance motorsport) yesterday who made his internal parts.
Should have seen his car, street driven 800+hp 2.9 turbo 6 in an old 3 series bmw. 8)

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Valentin
Silver
Silver

Post by Valentin »

Second start up. Waiting for ITB syncronizer to arrive from UK. Lot of tuning to be done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hGwAfysLeU&feature=plcp
Henrik Valentin

Copenhagen, Denmark

1988 75 3,5 V6 12V racecar
1994 155 STW Nord Auto ex. Gherardo Gazzago (Under rebuilt)
1996 155 Q4 - Daily driver
MD
Verde
Verde

Post by MD »

800hp in a street car ?? Lots of money down the toilet. Absolutely unusable and remaining alive or out of jail.
Transaxle Alfas Haul More Arse
GarthW
Verde
Verde

Post by GarthW »

Yeah 800 is crazy, but he must have his reasons...crazy reasons! It has nitrous also. :shock:

But for the street its overkill i know, its more than most exotic supercars have, its nascar stuff, but in a straight 6. :shock:

Selling 1985 GTV6.

Giuliettaevo2
Verde
Verde

Post by Giuliettaevo2 »

There is a guy over here that has 1000 bhp in his E36 M3 sedan. totally stock looking car. Guy dropped it off at the tuning shop and told them he didn't want it back before it had a proven four figure HP-rating. :roll:

He drives it as a weekend car and has crazy fun on the Autobahn when he just flies past exotic supercars. :twisted:

Nice to see it can be done and what's involved with such a build, but totally useless... :(

Other guy over here has approx. 600 bhp (never dyno'd) in an E28 5 series and is at the max of his driveability right now. With a careful launch he hits 200km/h in 10.5 sec. :shock: traction is the main issue now. more power equals more smoke in his case. he can keep the tyres spinning up to 180-190 km/h... 255 wide performance tyres, no semi's. Also the 2 piece driveshaft is at the max right now.
Drive it like you stole it...
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Henrik I sent you a pm re those itb's!

The turbo M coupe my friends built a few years back (10.7 @ 137mph) had enough grunt to bag 265s in third at 120. It was awesome, but I don't see the point in a road car!
If it were on slicks and you could use it, ok, but with all that traction you start breaking things- no thanks- ill shoot for a 300+ supercharged 2.5 with a little less tyre traction than it needs so that I can enjoy it without breaking it....
Those big hp toys never seem to be around 5 years after they've been built, anyway!
Fixing it bit by bit....