Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: Hello from relocation to UK

Post by kevin »

Well that puts things quickly into perspective . :shock: but then bikers are a different breed :D
That's the ultimate in self confidence . We have a huge contingent of fans that go every year to the Isle of Mann TT including the main sponsors of the Alfa Romeo racing series in SA .
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Hehe, just having a laugh. I love the UK actually, was actually at Brunel Uni at one point. Isle of Mann TT is just amazing.
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

Yeah, I know, I know... :)

For those who don't realize it, Goodwood is a Grass-and-Tweed kind of car meet and they only have "races" to be able to show off museum type cars (like the 155 V6Ti) they would never drive otherwise. So if you are into any kind of race cars (European! Not NASCAR) it's the place to be really, just remember to check the dress-code before you go!
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Hey did you guys see James May's (Toy Story UK series) scalectrix longest track in the world around Goodwood and surrounding neighbourhood? I'm going to go to Goodwood this summer then, after coming back from Cornwall country.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Yes , I think it was brooklands circuit they did the toy story on . ( where e were last Sunday) . This circuit was last used just before ww2 when it was bombed quite badly . As their was an airstrip and various other military aircraft hangers housed there such as Vickers they also had to disguise some of the circuit from the air as it outlined a big ring around a target . The uphill section where the video is done was used I believe to test engines and torque , while the Napier 24 litre which is still on display was used to test parachute deployment on the level straight ( not the uphill ramp - which that Ferrari could have used ) If you ever get a chance to go there this engine is a must see as it also had four valves per cylinder :shock:
Mats
Verde
Verde

Post by Mats »

As far as I know half of the Brooklands area is now a shopping mall and part of the old track has been demolished... :cry:

Last uear at Goodwood they ran the 155 V6Ti #8 -93.. My absolute favourite car. :twisted:
Mats Strandberg
-Scuderia Rosso- Now burned to the ground...
-onemanracing.com-
-Strandberg.photography-

GTV 2000 -77 - Died in the fire.
155 V6 Sport -96 - Sold!
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

We had our monthly AROC (Alfa Romeo Owners Club) meeting last night for the Surrey sectiion organised by Grant . ( on this forum) . As usual was good fun with a nice turnout of transaxles with their very knowledgeable owners and also GTV restorer/tuner - Alex Jupe . I have found that alot of good info is shared at these meetings over a few beers :D
Pics are a bit grainy as it was nearly dark when I took these . I still have my SA plates on my car as I'm struggling with the local licensing over my chassis numbers as the clowns from my end of the world forgot to put a "Z" in front of the ZAR . The locals won't accept it so I have to get confirmation from Italy but tried to explain this was made in SA and Italy has no records met with a blank stare . I will get it sorted soon .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (158.98 KiB) Viewed 6039 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (142.6 KiB) Viewed 6039 times
Last edited by kevin on Tue May 21, 2013 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Grant and Alex discussing the finer details on synchros . Looks like the transaxle community is pretty strong in this area . Most 75 here seem to have roll cages here and highly modified . :shock:
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (171.23 KiB) Viewed 6039 times
SydneyJules
Verde
Verde

Post by SydneyJules »

Nice to see it so active- you'll fit right in *(until you start scaring them off the track with your 3.7!!)
Fixing it bit by bit....
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I have finally got my GTV registered in the UK :D BUT just after I had my new number plates made I have noticed a difference between the tax disc for the windscreen and the plates . The one has a W on the end while the other has an F . This surely can't be normal . It looks like the local DVLA could be giving work permits in their office to the same clowns I was dealing with back home in SA . Or have I got it wrong . :(
See pic
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (177.31 KiB) Viewed 5954 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Update : finally got my plates but after one of the forum guys also noticed my licence disk also says historic which means my car is pre 74 so I had to go nd get that changed as well . This ended up costing a further 225£ when I was hoping to get a refund on the licence plates :(
Anyway i had a great weekend at Goodwood to put some Alfa enthusiasm back . Car of the day again was Alex's 3.5 with all the junior and modern GTA guys queuing up for a passenger ride with four wheel drifts . There seams to be a few of these 3.5 GTV 12v in the area .
Some pics of the to follow . Could not believe a Veyron tried to steal the GTV limelight :D
Their were a few Montreals , Zagatos and this rare station wagon . I have never seen one of these before .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (182.24 KiB) Viewed 5909 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (120.48 KiB) Viewed 5909 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (204.79 KiB) Viewed 5909 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (218.16 KiB) Viewed 5909 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (148.71 KiB) Viewed 5909 times
fedezyl
Verde
Verde

Post by fedezyl »

Nice! The station wagon is a 33 Giardinetta I beleive, they even made those 4x4
squadragrunn
Gold
Gold

Post by squadragrunn »

its a 33sportswagon (sw) and here the are just becoming rare due to the fact that they used to be cheap as dirt, wich was a sure way for misuse
3years ago i bought one for €300 and drove it for 2years. sold it for €300 again (came across a nice 164, also for 300 :D )
-charles-
gtv6 3.0 24v, 164qv 24v, maserati biturbo 2.8 evo, mb 500se, zzr1100d
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Some pics today at Goodwood with my Giulieeta and a fibreglass 24v GTV belonging to a customer of AJ Motorsport . Starting to get dark early . Something I'm not used to .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (143.93 KiB) Viewed 5756 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (122.03 KiB) Viewed 5756 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

My Carb GTV under cover . Gonna have to put indoors for the winter . Right now it has two covers , one to prevent the chafing when wind blows. The car has been an excellent summer car and some nice touring around uk .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (113.03 KiB) Viewed 5756 times