Please post a pic of yourself or your car tell us about yourself and let us know where you are from.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Re: Hello from relocation to UK

Post by kevin »

Joemart ( Joe) thanks for heads up on this show last year !
Tomorrow is the Autosport Racing show at the NEC so tickets are booked and tank has been topped up for the long drive . If its anything like last year then its gonna be another great day . A few acres undercover of F1 to classic build all there . http://www.autosportinternational.com
Ahaa Saturday is the London Classic car show just incase the petrolhead migraine has not set in .
Will take pics :)
75evo
Verde
Verde

Post by 75evo »

Oooo Birmingham! Make sure to have the best of British national food there.... curry & vindaloo! :lol:
Joemart
Platinum
Platinum

Post by Joemart »

looking forward to pics... I see Alfaholics had a stand
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

The autosport show was awesome as usual . Definitely on the to do list if you like the ultimate in automotive technology from the largest cnc machines in action , 3d printing with titanium powder , ap latest clutches , quaife diffs in action , F1 cars , live auction , street cars and all the shock absorber guys .
Intrax had a stand ( the guys who make the RS shock ) and were displaying the latest technology in anti roll . You must check their website for more info on this but the just is , that they have a shock with separate canister which runs with your standard torsion bar set up which greatly reduces dive , roll etc . As they do have shocks that are on F1 stuff at a 1000 Euro per point it should be brilliant . So now you know the ultimate . I do know a chap getting a set for his standard GTV 6 so hopefully will get to drive that in a few months time .
http://en.intraxracing.nl/techniek/arc® ... ontrol%29/
The Alfa championship guys had a stand with cars from Bianco alfa . They are doing great job with the amount of cars they take to Europe for six races .
Pics to follow but you actually must go to appreciate that in 6 hrs I still did not get to see all the stuff .
Took a pic of a manifold that we were discussing in another thread on joints/connections .
The pic of items in cabinet were all printed out of titanium powder not to mention the motorbike on display that the majority of it was printed .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (186.98 KiB) Viewed 7379 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (161.59 KiB) Viewed 7379 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (159.77 KiB) Viewed 7379 times
Last edited by kevin on Fri Jan 16, 2015 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Alfa championship car stand
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (206.69 KiB) Viewed 7378 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (213.79 KiB) Viewed 7378 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

This GTV was on auction . Not sure what it sold for but they were hoping for £18000. The looked pretty standard on the underside ie no ventilated rear discs or gearbox coolers etc
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (201.72 KiB) Viewed 7378 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

With Goodwood 73rd members meeting approaching on weekend of 22nd March there was open practice yesterday but the restriction was that all cars had to have full silencer systems on .
This meant that all working activities came to a halt and we piled into the Range rover with four experienced back seat drivers giving tips on the fastest way to travel 10miles to the circuit to support Chris Snowdon ( and have trackside lunch :D ) As you might recall Chris entered the Alpilatte GTV 6 last year and was invited to enter again this year with this beautiful looking replica of Lella Lombardi and Tony Palmers GTV .
The car went out in the early session with a the Celebrity driver ( rules of Goodwood 73rd meeting) and all was good so it was just left to Chris to do his session . This of course was perfect with some blistering laptimes Their have been some brake upgrades and few things since last year which should give it the edge .
Pity rules force these non period tyres to be used in this category.
Some other cars practising in the same catergory were Liugi BMW 528, and the Rover . No capris has turned up by the time we left.
Some pics below with the usual suspects in their " summer " clothes including the two Chris's and Alex Jupe .
Look forward to race day and will post pics of the cars in action .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (192.38 KiB) Viewed 7277 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (185.52 KiB) Viewed 7277 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (227.61 KiB) Viewed 7277 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (185.48 KiB) Viewed 7277 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (223.03 KiB) Viewed 7277 times
la_strega_nera
Platinum
Platinum

Post by la_strega_nera »

Stanguellini?
1966 GTV
1982 Suzuki "Bathurst" Katana
1995 Cagiva Mito (race kitted 250 powered)
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

I cant remember but its badge looks like the iconic S.
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Finally got to see an event at Goodwood and what better way was to experience the 73rd Members Meeting . What I really like about this event was the age of cars was not limited to 1966 but to around 1984 so it included the GTV6 :) .
In between the races they added in a lot of other displays which were taken pretty seriously like a dozen of Mclaren F1 cars , Group C cars , the old F1 high airbox cars etc . Probably the most impressive race was the old 911 porkers . These guys hung these cars sideways on nearly every corner . Really spectacular to watch . Definitely tick that box for next year . Thanks Alex for tickets !
Unfortunately all pics were taken with ipad so not very good .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (146.17 KiB) Viewed 7169 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (189.01 KiB) Viewed 7169 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (224.01 KiB) Viewed 7169 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (221.78 KiB) Viewed 7169 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (169.59 KiB) Viewed 7169 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

There were also stalls at the track with one company making cylinder heads , blocks etc for the 6c and 8c . ( Jim Stokes) See pics and of other Alfas on the day . Mark I think I snapped you up in one of those pics :D
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (178.67 KiB) Viewed 7168 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (102.67 KiB) Viewed 7168 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (161.29 KiB) Viewed 7168 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (212.22 KiB) Viewed 7168 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (182.63 KiB) Viewed 7168 times
kramsenyah
Silver
Silver

Post by kramsenyah »

who is that dapper dude standing next to the alfa6c?
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Mark you have set a bench mark on dress code for GTV owners :D ( maybe also for a few Aston owners as well ) . Must say it was weird being a passenger in GTV especially in the back seat ... But it was still more comfortable than the modern Alfa :)
Daytona somehow stole a bit of the limelight next to the rare silver GTV .
Apart from the 911 race been the most spectacular to watch the deck chairs were an absolute win . Just needed some sun though .
The BMW in pic below is the Luigi replica car , it handled superbly but that's what you expect from a Ohlins set up . See pics
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (143.13 KiB) Viewed 7132 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (209.34 KiB) Viewed 7132 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (220.88 KiB) Viewed 7132 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (219.98 KiB) Viewed 7132 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

Easter weekend was ofcourse Alfa and Italian car orientated . Horsham in South east of England opens their village for the weekend Italian festival which is by invite through the clubs only , to display cars for the public in the cobble streets surrounded by Italian foods stalls etc . It Was good fun and their were some seriously good examples of cars on display . Some of super cars also included non Italian cars and some bikes . Check out the Mito police car for the weekend .
We gathered just outside the town centre then went in a supposedly ordered procession into town but just as I was leaving the parking they stopped the traffic to let some public to cross and then signalled for me to go . So now I had to go catch the tail of the procession but but to my horror :D they lost me through traffic light change :shock: This was quite funny as now I had a whole procession following me and ofcourse being from SA I had no idea where to go . Their were no marshals so this new queue just followed me patiently around the town while I searched for the tail . I felt more pressure than being five abreast going into turn one at Zwartkops . Luck had it I guessed right at a five exit traffic roundabout and formed up in the town centre amongst the eagerly awaiting crowds . I could believe the amount of people lining the streets in the centre . What fun and good weather helped a lot . Thanks to Grant , chairman of Surrey AROC section for letting me use his GTV 6 ( beautifully restored by Alex Jupe ) as he was just a passenger with broken foot being driven by the man with the broken back . 8)
http://www.horshampiazzaitalia.co.uk
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (186.68 KiB) Viewed 7061 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (223.57 KiB) Viewed 7061 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (199.53 KiB) Viewed 7061 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (172.36 KiB) Viewed 7061 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (252.75 KiB) Viewed 7061 times
kevin
Verde
Verde

Post by kevin »

More pics. Think I counted six new 4 C's there .
Attachments
image.jpg
image.jpg (249.95 KiB) Viewed 7061 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (246.74 KiB) Viewed 7061 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (251.59 KiB) Viewed 7061 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (233.27 KiB) Viewed 7061 times
image.jpg
image.jpg (235.76 KiB) Viewed 7061 times